I just recently finished reading Fight Club, and it was stellar. I was going to go get another one of his books today, but I'm not real sure which one to look for. I've seen a lot of people recommend Survivor so I'm leaning towards that right now, but are there any you guys would recommend over it?
maybe she was hiding because she wanted to be found.
Quote by LimitTheWords
I just recently finished reading Fight Club, and it was stellar. I was going to go get another one of his books today, but I'm not real sure which one to look for. I've seen a lot of people recommend Survivor so I'm leaning towards that right now, but are there any you guys would recommend over it?

invisible monsters!
choke is a close second..they just finished making the movie, i cant wait

LOVE his fiction, hate his non fiction
Quote by LimitTheWords
I just recently finished reading Fight Club...

Dude, first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.... You better watch out for Tyler now

Yeah, I just finished reading that book for my English class and I watched the movies. What a great story.
I've read Survivor before. He has good books but when you finish them you think to yourself "why the hell did I just read that" There good books and all but there is no climax or anything to them. I don't know if you understand what I mean, hopefully someone here will.
im a big fan of the movie, but ive never read the book. but at the end of the month i will order it off amazon. im not much of a reader, but what other books has Chuck Palahniuk written that have the same dark humor as Fight Club?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
im a big fan of the movie, but ive never read the book. but at the end of the month i will order it off amazon. im not much of a reader, but what other books has Chuck Palahniuk written that have the same dark humor as Fight Club?

It seems to me that dark humor is basically his style. At least, from what I've heard from people talking about him. So I should think most of his books would have it.
maybe she was hiding because she wanted to be found.
Quote by CNC-Digity
I've read Survivor before. He has good books but when you finish them you think to yourself "why the hell did I just read that" There good books and all but there is no climax or anything to them. I don't know if you understand what I mean, hopefully someone here will.

Well I would've found Fight Club climactic when the twist was revealed... if my friend didn't accidently spoil me. Oh well
either Choke or Invisable Monsters, imo.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Fight Club was fine with the ending, but read Survivor or Choke and you will feel like you wasted however much time it took you to read it.
survivor
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
INVISIBLE MONSTERS<3 its so twisted. my favorite.

his newest book sucks ass.
gabbieRAMONE<3

You messed with the wrong girl;;she's small but she's fierce.
E>
Quote by CNC-Digity
Fight Club was fine with the ending, but read Survivor or Choke and you will feel like you wasted however much time it took you to read it.

everybody thinks choke is such a great book..
but i felt like i wasted my time too. suprisingly.
gabbieRAMONE<3

You messed with the wrong girl;;she's small but she's fierce.
E>
Choke deinitely, then invisible monsters.

Oh and Haunted. Haven;t read his new one yet.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Read Choke. Long story short, a sex addict pretends to choke just for attention. But it gets deeper.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by auditorylove
invisible monsters!
choke is a close second..they just finished making the movie, i cant wait

LOVE his fiction, hate his non fiction
Ooh, I didn't know they'd made a film about it. Choke is an amazing book.

I'd recommend Survivor next, it's what I read after Fight Club.

Note to self: Start reading Palahniuk again.
All of his books are dark humor. I've read all of his books so I'll give you a list of favorite to least favorite.

1. Choke
2. Fight Club
3. Survivor
4. Rant
5. Haunted
6. Invisible Monsters
7. Lullaby
8. Diary
Quote by aetherspear
lullaby and choke.

+1.

Those are his two best, IMO. I agree that Choke can be seen as anti-climatic, but I still really liked it.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Anyone else read Stranger Than Fiction by him? I found intersting as hell, not really a novel or anything, but pretty cool non the less. Especially the castle building section.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
I ****ing love his work, the way he writes is just awesome, project mayhem club anyone?
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Side Effect
All of his books are dark humor. I've read all of his books so I'll give you a list of favorite to least favorite.

1. Choke
2. Fight Club
3. Survivor
4. Rant
5. Haunted
6. Invisible Monsters
7. Lullaby
8. Diary

I've read them all too but my list would be slightly different.

1. Lullaby
2. Choke
3. Rant
4. Fight Club
5. Invisible Monsters
6. Survivor
7. Haunted
8. Diary