Poll: Would you join the band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you join the band?
Yes, show me the money!
29 55%
No way dude!
23 43%
Voters: 53.
Would you join a highly sucessful band that you hated if given the opertuinity?

For example, would i as a metalhead join Fallout Boy?

I say yes, because it would mean cash and pussy, and id still get to play guitar.
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
It depends on wether or not I would be able to change the direction of the band or at least get my music out.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
The keys player (Steve Ferlazzo) from Bettencourt's Dramagods is touring with Avril Lavigne at the moment, a similar scenario

Having fun, and making some decent cash, why not? Music isn't a war or competition remember.
No, I don't care about making money. Guitar is an interest of mine, not something I use to bring in a profit.
Dickless.
Quote by sashki
Music => self expression => doing your own thing => not playing in Fall Out Boy if you don't want to => not selling out => not being a corporate *****

Agreed
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
id sell out hell yea lol cash money babyyyy
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
I would use it as a ploy. I'd go in a big sellout band, play their music, get noticed, drop them, create my own band with my own music. Flawless.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
no i wouldn't be able to forgive myself being in a band that i didn't get to play what i wanted to or what fit that genre.

edit: after reading pedalboard's idea, that seems smart
That is the equivalent of cutting off your own wang for money if you say yes. Seriously, what's the point of being a guitarist or a musician for that matter if you ONLY do it for money.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Nah, because joining some ****ty rock band would not make myself happy, even if it payed a lot of money.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Of course.

-Fame
-Money
-Sponsers
-Girls
-Play a concert every night

You can always have side projects and solo albums if you're so worried about your street cred in the guitar community.
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
That is the equivalent of cutting off your own wang for money if you say yes. Seriously, what's the point of being a guitarist or a musician for that matter if you ONLY do it for money.

No thats the point, you aren't stopping your own musical interests. Simply playing for another band doesn't kill your soul.
yes, but thats only because i love my guitar above and beyond music, and i would consider having to get like an office job or something selling out more than joining a band i didn't like. however, if i was in a band where i was earning enough money to survive on my guitar playing, then no. i woudn't join.

also i think the idea of selling out is silly - someone told me i was selling out a while ago doing a blues gig, but i have always loved blues, but because i played music he liked before that he presumed i liked exactly what he liked. if you change styles to something you like, if your audience dont, suddenly your selling out... its stupid
Quote by madmk
No thats the point, you aren't stopping your own musical interests. Simply playing for another band doesn't kill your soul.

yeah, but you have to play what you don't like every night.

That would kind of suck after 30 days, nevermind the rest of your life.
I would not sell out.

I would simply make everything more metal
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Doofag
Of course.

-Fame
-Money
-Sponsers
-Girls
-Play a concert every night

You can always have side projects and solo albums if you're so worried about your street cred in the guitar community.

+1

If I can choose between those and having a normal job, I wouldn't hesitate to sell out.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by madmk

I don't know about you but I cannot play music that I highly disrespect.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

If I joined Fall Out Boy I would without a doubt destroy the band and my own opportunities in the metal scene. What metal player would want to play in a band with the bassist from Fall Out Boy? And I wouldn't really enjoy playing music live that I absolutely hate. I would properly beat the other guys up on stage while drunk resulting in me getting beat up by the crowd.. So selling out = big no no on my part
Quote by sashki
yeah, but you have to play what you don't like every night.

That would kind of suck after 30 days, nevermind the rest of your life.

Yeah, very true :-) I think personally, I'd prefer to start my own thing and get it going. Playing for yourself first, other reasons second.. But in the real world, it doesn't work like that.

I think the term 'sold out' appeals to the metal genre, as soon as a band gets a bit mainstream or changes their style slightly they've sold out. Whereas, a session guitarist who tours with a popular/mainstream artist, but also records and tours with their own material thats drastically different, you'd never dream of saying has sold out, Andy Timmons for instance.
side projects could be a good way to still create for yourself though
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*