Isn't that a Paradox? If it's fixed its not a Floyd Rose.

Fixed bridges are restrictive in play, convenient in practice. Take your pick.
Take a listen to Pantera or Steve Vai. Don't bother attempting any of their songs without a Floyd Rose.

Fixed Bridges are simply convenience at the cost of features. At least in my opinion. I can't really see anything a Fixed Bridge can do that a Floyd can't.
Quote by Sn^ke
Take a listen to Pantera or Steve Vai. Don't bother attempting any of their songs without a Floyd Rose.

Fixed Bridges are simply convenience at the cost of features. At least in my opinion. I can't really see anything a Fixed Bridge can do that a Floyd can't.

They give you more sustain, though .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I'll take my Tone Pros String-thru body fixed bridge .

To each their own. I've never had any desire to use a trem in my lifetime.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I don't really use mine that often. It's a hassle. But on the flip side it looks really cool and dive bomb harmonics easily impress non-guitarists.
eh, like i always say, if you'll use it, it's awesome, if you won't, it's a waste of time. i have guitars with and without trems, and i like both.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There are guitars with fixed floyds. The point is, the locking heads stop it going out of tune, so its like a fixed bridge guitar with outstanding tuning stability. Mick Thomson (Slipknot) has one. I keep both types of guitar because I use alternate tunings.
^^ yeah, i saw it, but i didn't know the answer... sorry. i'd rather say nothing than perhaps be wrong...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
EDIT: not to say i've never said something wrong, lol. but i try my best not to.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, cool info. i dont really use my floyd much as it is, so i was going for something that will just stay in tune forever. also, when you bend a string, it lifts the floyd (obviously) but when you want to fret a note say 2 frets to the left and a string higher while bending, it seems to always be out of tune because the bridge is moving. maybe im just doing it wong. who knows
Last edited by CobenBlack at Oct 3, 2007,
yeah, that'll happen with a floating floyd. if you adjust your technique to slightly bend the other string too, you can normally sort that out.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you can use a block of wood, or a tremel-no... although in my opinion that totally negates the purpose of owning a floating trem and not willing to put the time in to setting it up
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Sometimes I block my Trem off with my old Lego. Works brilliantly. Take THAT pawn shops.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
you can use a block of wood, or a tremel-no... although in my opinion that totally negates the purpose of owning a floating trem and not willing to put the time in to setting it up

agreed with the wood thing- if you know you're going to block it, what's the point?

however if you already have a trem and don't use it, blocking is fine... also it's worth bearing in mind that a tremol-no actually takes more setting up than a normal floyd (it just saves time when you have it set up)... it's a good idea for someone who doesn't know whether to go with a floyd or hard0tail, as it allows both.

lego, now that's another story. that's just instant cool right there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've tried many substitutes for Trem stoppers after seeing the $20 tag at my music store.

Large Erasers and Lego work best.
C4 works best if it's a lo-trs.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
touche. you could probably beat the crap out of it with, i dunno, a feather or something.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?