any of these any good? is there anything better for the money?? thats not big space wise as a half stack

B-52 AT-112 60-Watt 1x12" Tube Combo Amp

Randall RG50TC 50W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCn-r4EVRo
Found a video for this one

Randall RX120DHS 120W Half Stack Guitar Amp with 4x12 Cabinet

any suggestions of those are ones I have overlooked??

don't want to spend more than $600 at the moment, as I just need one for bedroom but that stack one may be to loud for that

I'll really appreciate it UG, P.S, for METAL and hXc stuff
Last edited by GoreGalore at Oct 2, 2007,
dude the b52 has amazing reviews i've been thinking about getting one
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
Quote by supersolus666
dude the b52 has amazing reviews i've been thinking about getting one

review's don't mean anything chum , and I hear the B-52's seem to break tubes and stuff and not have good quality despite they may sound good, but I hear the Randall's are better least what im told

is there any difference in sound between the half stack and tube combo's for randall, both those Randall's are similar in price
Last edited by GoreGalore at Oct 2, 2007,
Quote by The red Strat.
dude they're all too loud for bedroom volumes...

who says you have to crank amps volume all the way up to get good sounds??
^ No you don't.

I use a Boogie Mark IV combo for my bedroom playing. Most tube amp owners will NEVER push them to the point where they get true power tube distortion.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ Hahaha. Well, I was just making a point.

With that much to spend, I'd be patient and scour the local used market. You can usually get a good amp for that much if you're willing to get something that's not cosmetically perfect.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Hahaha. Well, I was just making a point.

With that much to spend, I'd be patient and scour the local used market. You can usually get a good amp for that much if you're willing to get something that's not cosmetically perfect.

yeah, im not to sure which ones to look at, I mean I just have a 42 watt fender amp at the moment as I sold a Cube 60 to my friend who needed it fast

so figured might as well get something worth while for a LONG TIME

any suggestions on specific brands??
Quote by GoreGalore
yep

but I do recall needing help on which one to get for a $300 to $600 price range

But definately check the Peavey Windsor combo when it comes out, and let me know how it is
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
whoa peavey windsor combo? omg, heck yeah i need to research this.

ive only heard good things about the b-52 amps. amazing price, and quality is actually pretty good. just because they are a new brand doesnt mean they are crap. if you play metal, either of those amps will do. but as mentioned those are loud as hell. but hey at least youll have something you can gig with if you ever take that route.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune