do you got single coil or humbucker pickups
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
its just humming because of the gain, i have the same amp, (though i never use it anymore) and it just does it. you'll get over it. but yea are you using single coil or humbucker pickups? single coils create more noise so some humbuckers might be worth a look if you wana cut down on some of the noise.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Cheap SS amps hum. Especially (as I suspect that that amp came in a guitar pack from fender) if you have a Squier Strat. Live with it or save up for another set up is the best advice I can offer I'm afraid.
Quote by hairball
its just humming because of the gain, i have the same amp, (though i never use it anymore) and it just does it. you'll get over it. but yea are you using single coil or humbucker pickups? single coils create more noise so some humbuckers might be worth a look if you wana cut down on some of the noise.

Bad advice. Humbuckers are too pricey, save up for a new amp.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob

dude you could get a guitar for a hundred bucks that has humbuckers

Like this one right here
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph

Like this one right here

Or, you could put that hundred bucks towards a better amp, instead of blowing it on a pretty crap guitar.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob

you're right. i re read that back and realised it wasn't that good. threadstarter, save up for a new amp. its really the only way you'll get rid of the hum - get rid of the am thats humming - it's 'cause you have a cheap amp.

^^ exactly... listen to this guy, he's right when the rest of us (definately me anyway) are not 100% on the ball!
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by kirkadolph

Like this one right here

Yeah, an how long would it last, would it sound good, and why the hell would you want something so crappy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you should learn guitar on a cheap pack until you're sure you're gonna carry on with it, then save up for a set-up thats mid quality and won't go out of tune often as you play it.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Yeah, an how long would it last, would it sound good, and why the hell would you want something so crappy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you should learn guitar on a cheap pack until you're sure you're gonna carry on with it, then save up for a set-up thats mid quality and won't go out of tune often as you play it.

I play fine with a ****ty guitar

Eruption on ****ty Squier Tele
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Quote by kirkadolph
I play fine with a ****ty guitar

Eruption on ****ty Squier Tele

But I can tell you have a ****ty amp by the horrible tone. Whatever his guitar is, it will sound better through a better amp.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by bartdevil_metal

Methinks you should learn on an acoustic and then buy a good electric when you're ready for it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Well, that works too =D. The upside to that is your fingers have a harder resilience, because an acoustic has a higher action. The downside is you don't get to RAWK TEH NEYBORZ WALLZ!!1!
You really should buy a good guitar first, not a crappy starter pack or just a cheap guitar (like everyone wants to, because "they're only learning!". It'll be easier to play on, you'll be more motivated to keep playing, and if you do give it the flick, you can still resell it for a decent part of its cost.
Quote by CORT noob
But I can tell you have a ****ty amp by the horrible tone. Whatever his guitar is, it will sound better through a better amp.

Crate XT65R
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Quote by kirkadolph
Crate XT65R

You had better not be recommending that amp...
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
You had better not be recommending that amp...

hah yeah i'm not i hate it
i sounded terrible in that vid because i was on the bridge pickup on a tele, which is super twangy, and i had the high on the eq up to 10 and the low at like 0
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Quote by crazlunatic
um my questoin is just if its normal the static

Yes.

^^ Okay, but why so much treble? Turn that treble down, switch to a nice neck pickup, and shred away son.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by crazlunatic
um my questoin is just if its normal the static

yeah it is.
If you don't wanna buy a new amp or a guitar, you could always get a noise supressor or noise gate.

Check em out here
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Quote by CORT noob
Yes.

^^ Okay, but why so much treble? Turn that treble down, switch to a nice neck pickup, and shred away son.

sh*t i dont know bro. It was like a year ago.
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve