Okay, so my mate had this black mini guitar that he bought of someone for £2 (don't ask how he got it so cheap!) and for some reason i gave him £5 for it the other day. The paint on it was a little worn and there were some dents in the wood, so, i took it home, disassembled it and sanded it down, filled in the tiny dents with wood filler and then sprayed a quick layer of primer on it. I noticed when i was playing on the mini guitar the strings quickly came out of tune and when i bended the strings, for some reason, it sounded terrible. I also noticed the pickup was very quiet and buzzy. So, i though it would be a good idea to get some new parts for it! I'm thinking of getting a set of new black machine heads, a new black fixed bridge and possibly a new pickup. With the pickup i was wondering weather i can carve out a new cavity for a humbucker pickup, possibly a Dimarzio X2n or EVO. And also wondering if the machine heads and bridge would fit, as the guitar is a 1/2 size one. And if anyones got any cool ideas for a color or design pleas post them! (At the moment im thinking a fluorescent orange with the black hardware)

Heres a link to pictures of the mini guitar
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHILDS-CLECA-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-AS-NEW-W-W_W0QQitemZ260166806905QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All help is greatly appreciated!!
Make sure the frets are okay before putting any money into it. You should be able to route out a humbucker cavity with no problems. As for the machine heads, just take on off the 1/2 size one and hold it up to a head on a full size guitar.
Do a crazy paint job, like a swirl with 5 oranges, or put something like a flamethrower and overload it with LEDs..... maybe thats too over the top.
I do like the flourescent orange though.

btw, what is the scale length on that?