hey guys!

was going to get a effects pedal and i cant decide between the mxr wylde distortion, krank distortus maximus and the dime distortion. could sum1 help me out plz. thanks
Metal Core ML-2. I played it many times, best distortion pedal ever.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
i have a marshall cdr 15 but i was thinking of replacing it soon with a marshall valvestate
Save the money for the amp, then the pedal.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Don't get a Marshall AVT. Get a Vox AD30VT instead. Or, if you have enough money, a Marshall DSL401 or Peavey Valveking.
Quote by FallenFlame332

Personally i don't like the metal core. My friend has one and I've used it a couple times. Didn't sound like I was using the same guitar. Sucked all the bass from my signal, and if i put the bass up on the pedal, it just got real muddy.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by FallenFlame332

i've personally heard many mixed things about the ml-2... but the majority says it's crap
lol kk thanks guys. so if say i wanted a good tube amp b4 i got my distortion pedal i should go with the vox AD30VT like blue strat recommended right?
Buy what ever amp you want. Its about if you like it, not someone else. If its nto doign what you want, get a pedal.
+1 to the dsl
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
/Avoid ss and get tube.
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
SS + Distortion pedal = bad

Tube amp + Distortion pedal = good!

Trust me, I tried my Digitech Distortion Factory on my two SS amps, it sucked. Then I got a XXX and it sounded godly with it.
Quote by stroodles
lol kk thanks guys. so if say i wanted a good tube amp b4 i got my distortion pedal i should go with the vox AD30VT like blue strat recommended right?

the ad30 isnt exactly tube amp. its hybrid.

if youre going tube, maybe you could try out a peavey valveking royal 8 or a crate palomino v8. its both in the same price range as the ad30, i believe (just maybe a wee bit more expensive). and maybe add a metal muff if you want it to go heavier
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
ds-1. simple. cheap. and comes in a pretty orange color :P
i have a 'white guitar'
yer i was thinkin of the metal muff but i wasnt too sure how good it was. ill probs be using it for practice.
i use a digitech death metal distortion. and despite what people say, i think its amazing.
but thats only because i play black, death, doom metal etc.
i think, the key to picking whatever new pedal, or amp or guitar you want is just a little bit of research and trying them out
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Maybe a top of the line ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff? The sounds from the Guitar World review were quite awesome. But yeah, first get a nice amp...is this going to be for practice or for gigs?

Let me honest when I say reviews are pointless, as these companies are stuffing these magazines pockets, but its like that with anything really.
marshall jackhammer, loads of gain, clear bottom (made my floor shake and didn't sound muddy, and quite controlable with the guitar volume control.

made the boss mt-2 and the ml-2 look a bit too electronic i got no control from the volume control and no control from the pedal, just the same tone.
run your signal through dani flth

haha guitar world, they rated the line 6 spiders as amazing (note this isnt the tube version)

also your only choice is really to try stuff out. reviews and research only get you so far . basically in the end its all personal preference. i play metal through a 1968 fender princeton and DS1. everyone gives me weird looks ^_^
i have a 'white guitar'
Last edited by .fallen at Oct 3, 2007,