I have an Edge III trem on my Ibanez RG350EX. Whenever I pull my whammy bar up, all of the strings become higher in pitch, but when I dive-bomb, it stays perfectly in tune. Is there anyway to have the whammy bar pull up without making the strings go higher in pitch?
It is the bad quality of Edge III I'm afraid. you could try tightening the locking heads more? that's all i can offer you.
yep the edge III isn't great, but if you make sure it's well set-up, you might improve things a little. make sure that the bridge sits parallel to the body, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could also be too much tension in your springs if it's not returning to pitch, most likely the quality of the Edge III though.
i had the same problem with my floyd. i felt retarded when i realized the problem. the strings were hitting the bridge pickup. That might be the problem. Just check it and if that seems to be the problem, lower your bridge pickup.
Quote by neon10th
Is there an exact problem why this is happening?

the knife edges are made of an arcane tin-foil/papier mache mix.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
to satan.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, my budget is tight and I am looking to get myself a fixed bridge guitar for tuning versatility, so it won't be quite easy
In that case maybe you should save up for a hardtail, and fix the RG350 whenever you get the cash. You could just block the trem, though.
The same thing happened to me with my floyd rose.

I recommend tightening the nut. It's what I did. The thing never goes out of tune now.