i live in an apartment so i cant play too loud but i noticed that if i turn up the power and use master vol i got a much better tone at a quite volume. then when i would notice that my neighbors are gone i would crank the master a little more than usualand it would sound even better but i still wasnt playing very loud. i have been doing this for 4 days. Now today i was playing for a minute quietly and had to put it down. i left it on but turned the gain and volume down all the way. when i came back my neighbors weren't home so i turned it up. now it doesnt sound as good. after all kinds of adjustments i still cant find a tone im happy with. it just isnt as defined i guess kinda muddied up. is my tube bad, or is it getting hot or something. i still have a warranty should i take it back
A lot of times people love gear when they first get it, then play with it for XX hours and then... they no longer love it. :/

That's probably your problem. Tubes going bad don't cause mud. (I don't think, anyway). They cause a scoop in volume.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

i dont think a tube in that can go bad, b/c from what it says on the site, they dont use the tube for power, so it wont blow or burn out. maybe try to get a new speaker or let it rest for awhile.
You probably broke the speaker in finally.

It'll sound different than before, but it's what your amp will sound like from now on. My AD (the 50W) actually sounded better after I played it in for a few days, but my amp has a different speaker brand and size than yours.

Remember that at higher volumes, your ears become more sensitive to bass and treble frequencies, so when playing loud, compensate for exaggerated highs and especially lows by upping your mids.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Im trying the rest thing right now. im unemployed right now so spending money isnt an option. I'm eventually gonna get into a tube combo but i need some cash first. I have been playint thie amp for about 8 months and have loved it but like i said just all of a sudden this happened. i don't think i am tired of it, It isnt like i have been playing on some bad ass amp or something that mine just doesn't compare to
Last edited by mitchp420 at Oct 2, 2007,
Well it's probably you. I've had days were I want to ditch my gear and start over just because things are sounding too muddy, or I'm using too much gain and can't find a way to cut it out, etc.

Either that or your speaker broke in; in which case you could save up 50-60 bucks and buy a new speaker for it from JBL, or Celestion or whomever. Just a thought.
i opened the back of it and like it a lot more. it has more airiness and less muddy,boxy, crappiness.

that would also happen to me occasionally where i would spend days tweaking it and refine it to one setting, do other things for a few days and come back to it just sounding horrible to me. keep moving around with the settings.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Last edited by boardsofcanada at Oct 3, 2007,
Quote by boardsofcanada
i opened the back of it and like it a lot more. it has more airiness and less muddy,boxy, crappiness.

that would also happen to me occasionally where i would spend days tweaking it and refine it to one setting, do other things for a few days and come back to it just sounding horrible to me. keep moving around with the settings.

probs the speaker then, glad it's good now
Quote by qotsa1998
i dont think a tube in that can go bad, b/c from what it says on the site, they dont use the tube for power, so it wont blow or burn out. maybe try to get a new speaker or let it rest for awhile.

The 12AX7 in the Valvetronix series is used for the poweramp, not for the preamp. It's a tube poweramp into a dummy load into an SS poweramp to simulate tube breakup and dynamics and what not.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra