First post =D

Hiya guys, reading over some of the cusomisation threads has me enthused to customise my own guitar.. however as i'm like 16 in college with no job, money is a bit tight.

So i have decided upon pimpin' my first guitar I ever got (mainly because of money, partly coz i wanted to feel comfortable playing infront of people) , which is almost definately this Crafter cruiser ( It was my first guitar don't judge me XD) with these specs:

MODEL NAME: ST-120/BK
CONSTRUCTION: Bolt -on Neck
BODY: Basswood
NECK: Maple
FINGER BOARD: Rosewood
FRETS: 22 Jumbo
MACHINE HEADS: Diecast Chrome
PICKUPS: S+S+S
CONTROLS: 1V+2T+5Way Selector
BRIDGE: Vintage Tremolo Chrome
SCALE: 25 1/2 Inches (648mm)
(Straight off the website lol)

Has a Strat design but just the black and white is boring tbh.

What i was thinking of doing was adding in some good metal sounding pickups and making it like a blood red/crimson base colour with black detail and some image sorta stenciled on in black.

Still at the idea stage but have started preparing it for being customised, all ideas welcome as i want something funky that will stand out without being too.. abstract.

Cheers guys
~T3h
You = Beginner
Most People you admire = Intermediate/FREAKIN' PRO

So you're a long shot from doing anything they do (realistically), I would suggest re-painting it, and then building up from there (like Ippon (who pwns))

You don't need much money for that, you'll need:

Paint
Clear coat
Sanding Paper
Open space

That's ridiculously cut down, other stuff would be:

Protection
Masking tape (for designs)

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542726 is a good start to any first-time customising.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Yeah i'm not looking to do some insane customisation, i just want it to look good and put in some good pick ups while i'm doing that to make it sound better than it does now.

And yeah checked that out before i started, I didn't just rush into it, i did me a lil homework first XD
I'm assuming you know how to sodder. If not you'll have to pay someone for the pickup work. BTW, you should replace all the electronics too. Pots, caps, switches whole nine yards.
I found when I was starting out, learning to play on crappy gear helped me to play better in the end. (i.e. learning doing screams with an old squier amp and an old ibanez grx 40) Made the transition into better gear flawless and made screams, sweeps much much easier when playing on good gear. Remember tone comes from both technique and gear. Without good gear you're forced to better your technique... play with the crappy gear until you become too good for it... (Takes longer than you think )
I'm assuming you know how to sodder.

If you mean solder yeah i do i'm good with electronics, and probably will replace the whole lot but wanna keep it simple for now, later in the project i will look into all this when i have a better understanding of what i'm doing.

I found when I was starting out, learning to play on crappy gear helped me to play better in the end. (i.e. learning doing screams with an old squier amp and an old ibanez grx 40) Made the transition into better gear flawless and made screams, sweeps much much easier when playing on good gear. Remember tone comes from both technique and gear. Without good gear you're forced to better your technique... play with the crappy gear until you become too good for it... (Takes longer than you think )

This isn't my only guitar so this has just been collecting dust, I got a beautiful les paul custom last christmas =P. Also i've been playing for around 4-5 years so i'm okay but still practicing all the time as a guitarist should be XD