hey guys im looking at buying a new amp and the first thing i want to do make a list of all possible options so if you guys could post a list of all fender amp that can do blues it would be a awsome help. (dont worry about cost of anything just if it can do blues put it on your list)((im not just looking at fenders but im looking at them first))

thanks
I'll make a list of which fender amps won't do blues.

1) FM series
2) all of there other solid states.

I hope that narrowed your search.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Try a Blues Deluxe. Not too expensive, all-tube, and should easily do blues. Maybe a DeVille as well.

Id say also try an Epi Blues Custom. It has a Tube Rectifier, something alot of other tube amps dont have.
blues deluxe doesnt have enough power, im not sure though, how do u think it would compare power-wise to the vox ac30 cc2
Quote by qotsa1998
Epi Blues Custom. It has a Tube Rectifier, something alot of other tube amps dont have.

dude, what are you on?! loads of amps have valve rectifiers, especially if they're aimed at that bluesy sound 'cause of the sag they give.

basicly any full valve fender amp will do you really well. try out the blues junior as the cheaper option, something like the blues deluxe would also be good as qotsa said. you won't need the deville - you'll never be able to crank it.

EDIT, the blues deluxe is 40watts, the ac30 is 30! its got easily enough power, and if its not powerful enough for a venue they'll mic it up.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

yer but the ac30 CC2 has 2 speakers and the blues deluxe has one would that make any diffrence power-wise
Quote by blink+guitar
yer but the ac30 CC2 has 2 speakers and the blues deluxe has one would that make any diffrence power-wise

No.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by hairball
dude, what are you on?! loads of amps have valve rectifiers, especially if they're aimed at that bluesy sound 'cause of the sag they give.

basicly any full valve fender amp will do you really well. try out the blues junior as the cheaper option, something like the blues deluxe would also be good as qotsa said. you won't need the deville - you'll never be able to crank it.

blues jr is a nice amp. i have one, with a swapped speaker. its great.

but it doesn't have a valve rectifier. most of the modern fender's tube amp line has a solidstate rectifier. just like the blues jrs. i believe some reissue blackfaces have solidstate rectifiers also.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
blues jr is a nice amp. i have one, with a swapped speaker. its great.

but it doesn't have a valve rectifier. most of the modern fender's tube amp line has a solidstate rectifier. just like the blues jrs. i believe some reissue blackfaces have solidstate rectifiers also.

Dunno about the others but the Deluxe is all tube. Rectifier, Power, Pre, Tremelo, and Reverb.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Deluxe Reverb by far.
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
Depends

cheap option is of course a blues/pro junior (300-400$).

more expensive, is a deluxe reverb (800-900$).

best amp fender makes, is the 57 Twin reissue clapton has been using lately (2000$)
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
every tube fender is bluesey, stay away from anything under the blues deluxe if you have money. yeah the 57 twin is nice. fender is the way to go, or a handwired marshall clone
My tip:
Fender '57 Tweed Deluxe (5E3)
http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/AC5E3/AC5E3Complete.htm

Fantastic amp, I played one and it's the best blues amp I've ever played, with the tube rectifier you got great sag and it starts to break up early so you can get a great blues sound. It still has quite some power and will definetly do gigs.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
is that the 65 deluxe reverb is so i have enough money for that not the the 57 twin amp though, its out of the 65 deluxe reverb and the reissue blues deluxe. WHICH ONE??

also would they have enough power to do gigs and how big you think with out micing it??
Quote by hairball

But lots of current, mass produced amps in the range of under $1000 lack tube rectifiers. I can only name a handful, like the Deluxe reverb, b-52 at100, vox ac30, and so on. I believe there are more tube amps currently with SS rectifiers as opposed to tube rectifiers.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by blink+guitar
is that the 65 deluxe reverb is so i have enough money for that not the the 57 twin amp though, its out of the 65 deluxe reverb and the reissue blues deluxe. WHICH ONE??

also would they have enough power to do gigs and how big you think with out micing it??

the deluxe reverb could handle small gigs but it'll break up.
if you want to gig clean, go for the blues deluxe.
you can't go wrong with either though.
natural overdrive on gigs = deluxe reverb
clean ,and on bigger gigs with some breakup = blues deluxe.
yeah the deluxe reverb will not be clean at gigging volumes
which i am thinking is what you want.
gabe posted that ceriatone link
and i don't know anything about that particular amp but i love ceiratone
i have a 50 watt plexi from them and it's great
looks that that amp is going to be pretty cheap too
proboly just under $500
then you have to buy a cab
but either way you have narrowed your choices down to some great amps
Just about any all tube amp will work fine for blues, I can get a good sound out of any tube amp, no matter what name is on it. Fender, Randall, Marshall, Traynor, Mesa, Vox whatever. The main differences are gain and speaker configurations. That said, Fenders are the ones I see blues players using most, and mine is a '73 Super Reverb, I love it. You'll want around 50 watts to stay clean enough in most clubs without breaking up too much, and you'll find it sounds best cranked to 10. Fenders aren't high gain, so it will break up some but not as bad as you may think. Turn the volume knob down on the guitar and it cleans up really well, and for leads the extra gain helps a lot when cranked, that's when you get the sustain, tube compression and "sag" of a tube amp.

The best idea may be to go see some bands live and see what they are using, and try out a few amps if you can. Music stores may not like it if you crank their amps all the way, but you need to find out if it will be too dirty cranked up, and the louder you play a tube amp the better it sounds, so you need to know...But I've seen blues players using just about every Fender amp you can think of over about 30 watts. Tom Petty's guitar player Mike Campbell, yeah not really blues I know, uses a blackface Fender Princeton onstage, along with a couple other amps, all Vintage Fenders. The Princeton is around 12-15 watts if memory serves...one 10" speaker.

the ac30 CC2 has 2 speakers and the blues deluxe has one would that make any diffrence power-wise

The number of speakers make no difference in the power department, that's determined by the transformers and number of tubes. Tubes can only do so much, 40-50 watt amps usually have 2 power tubes, 100 watt amps will have 4. That power rating stays the same no matter how many speakers you put behind it.

More speakers do, however, move more air which means a more solid, fatter sound is easier to get. I've heard it also means it's a bit more work for the amp to drive them, but as long as the impedance is the same, I don't think that is true. I never realized it made much difference until I put my Super Reverb onstage beside my trusty old Peavey MX. The Super is a 4x10 combo, 45 watts, all tube, the MX is a 130 watt SS preamp into a tube power amp plugged into a 1967 Kustom 2x12 cabinet (2 Emminence 12's) and always did a great job for me...until I put it onstage beside the Super. It sounds thin and wimpy compared to the 45 watt super Reverb whereas it always sounded great before. Even when I preset it so it gets a nice, full sound by itself. If the speakers move more air, that means more bass and a fatter, bigger sound. That's why full stacks are popular especially with metal players.

If you're mic'd into the PA, a single speaker will work fine, you only mic one speaker anyway no matter what cab you have. If you play just the amp, then the cabinet may make a difference. I have a couple of other things to fix or upgrade, but soon as I get everything else caught up, I'm looking into a 4x12 cabinet for the Peavey...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
All fender amps do blues well but the frontman series and some of the solid states. I'd go for a blues junior/deluxe, the fat switch is awesome, and it's small so you can get a nice bluesy breakup without killing everyone's ears
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
thanks so much, i think ill go try out the reissue blues deluxe and the ac30 and choose from there.
Quote by SRVStrat808
best amp fender makes, is the 57 Twin reissue clapton has been using lately (2000$)

dunno if it's the best, i have yet to try it, but i'm dying for it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Perfect cleans.

Almost marshal style overdrive. You gotta crank it pretty loud at GC to get it to OD though.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
just a question, can the fender tube amps do mxpx AND emery type of music?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Probably, maybe an Overdrive pedal would help.

I love my blues junior, I can't wait to do a speaker swap+get an OCD.

It is my favorite fender amp I've played, though I haven't tried the deluxe reverb/bassman/57.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I have a Fender Blues Deluxe and its great. The cleans are real clean and when I dirty it up (Big Muff) it sounds unbelievable.

Its also a very loud amp...dont know how much power ur looking for, but in my house I usually have the volume on about 1.5 and its loud as hell. When jamming with a drummer its usually on 3 and its plenty loud!

I also looked at the VOX AC 30, but its expensive, like $300 more than the Fender.