Hi all, guitar in question: http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPEC1000

Ive been researching and reading and searching a lot for the past week on which pups would suit me better/are better for this body

EMG 81 pickups (or Seymour Duncan JB/59 Zebra)

I definately play a lot of hardcore and heavy rock but I want pleasing clean tones as well and ive heard the EMGs handle both better , but ive also heard the SDs are the better bet

any opinions?

thanks!
i personally like the SDs. the just sound better IMHO. the emgs are good, dont get me wrong, but i just like the sound of the duncans better.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
as long as you know how to EQ, the EMGs will do cleans fine, trust me, I love the EMG clean.
id get the emgs
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
ill sell you my ec-1000 with the duncans for 600$.... its in great condition
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I chose the emgs
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I can see it now, in a year we will have kids walking up to girls "Hey baby, my career score on guitar hero is over 3 mill, ooooooh yeeah"

IS THAT SYRUP IN YOUR PANTS OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME??!!
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
ill sell you my ec-1000 with the duncans for 600$.... its in great condition

Pmed.

why you all say emgs?
Quote by Eric 666
as long as you know how to EQ, the EMGs will do cleans fine, trust me, I love the EMG clean.

could you please explain
Quote by thoranium
could you please explain

He's saying if you EQ your clean channel right, the EMGs will sound good.
A tube amp should help to
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
it all comes down to preference. emgs do not sound bad at all clean (i especially love the 60/81 combo), saying emgs are only good for metal is retarded and, unfortunately, a common misconception. but i prefer the tone that you get with a pair of good, passive pickups. i've got an ec1000 with sd's and it's my main guitar for basically everything, from cleans to indie to hard rock/80s metal, even jazz and blues.
Choose what you like. The Duncans are more versatile, but its all about what you like.
Yea i'm feeling the SD's right now. anyone got that vintage sunburst and if so hows that baby look? some pictures online are misleading
definately the sd's with the flame, my friend(and bandmate) has a emg vintage one and i d take the duncs over it
i'd get an edwards instead. if you don't get caught with customs (and a lot of US people seem to avoid them), it'd be a similar price, and, IMO, nicer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it depends on your personal liking, i believe. try both of them out and then decide. it's your own personal preference, not others. personally i would take the EMGs
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.