is putting stickers en my bass a good idea
i mean can it be harmfull for the paint or make a irreparable damage if i decide to take them out later

btw my bass is a ibanez gsr200BK(BK is for black)

and please dont answer just like: i dont like stickers or that they are stupid or things like that
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
It ain't gonna hurt THAT bass xD

Sorry, I've had bad experience with Ibanez Gios. I have a sticker on my Kramer 610 guitar, but I haven't peeled it off to see if it's damaged it or not. Chances are, that thing's painted so thick it would take a grenade to damage it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
ehh that residue after u take em off is annoying
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
i have a sticker on my GSR.

it's not like it'll hurt the resale value or anything, it's only an entry level model
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I covered the entire pick guard of my purple peavey raptor with multicoloured star stickers... and they're all over my bass... I guess I don't really intend to take them off anytime soon, so if that's the case, don't worry about it
~~°~*RainbowBassist*~°~~
I bought a used squier strat with a sticker on it.
I liked it, that's why I chose that over the other strats.
I don't know if it would damage it, but if it's just your guitar, why not put 'em on?
My brother put a bunch on his.
leave it... they look beter without stickers and if you decide to take them off you wont be happy
Led Zeppelin
nothing screams beginner wannabe, and poser, more than stickers on a bass or guitar. non-players think it's cool. but to other musicians, you will be marked as a loser..."L". trust me on this one.
okay i get it you think that you are a better player (or at least you look better) without the stickers but thats not the point of the thread
question is if it will damage the bass when i take them out not if you think they are cool or not
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
is putting stickers en my bass a good idea
i mean can it be harmfull for the paint or make a irreparable damage if i decide to take them out later

btw my bass is a ibanez gsr200BK(BK is for black)

and please dont answer just like: i dont like stickers or that they are stupid or things like that

NOOB
THats what a ton of stickers on any instument says to me!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
NOOB
THats what a ton of stickers on any instument says to me!

so you are saying that if i put stickers on my bass i would be noob?

and again thats not the point of the thread!
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
In my opinion, PLEASE don't put stickers on! Plus the crap it leaves behind will be a pain in the ass to remove.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by TheReFiller
In my opinion, PLEASE don't put stickers on! Plus the crap it leaves behind will be a pain in the ass to remove.

at least you tell me that it acn be harmfull beacause of the crap it leaves
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
You can buy stuff to remove the residu that a sticker leaves. Don't know the name, just know it's on the market. A simple search in google gives a ton of options.

But seriously, don't put stickers on a bass, it's ugly.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
i read this in someone's sig once, and agree completely

"Stickers on a bass are like school during the summer, no class"
Don't listen to people who tell you not to put stickers on it because it looks bad or whatever. It's your property, and your opinion. Do what you want with it.

But yes, some stickers will leave a residue, which can be annoying, so perhaps get the product that can remove that. However, not all stickers will leave a residue.
Quote by Evil_Jim43
Geekis, you are truly the Ghandi of our time

Quote by thefitz
Man, I really have to stop sigging you...

My blog:
http://david-hates.blogspot.com/
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
nothing screams beginner wannabe, and poser, more than stickers on a bass or guitar. non-players think it's cool. but to other musicians, you will be marked as a loser..."L". trust me on this one.

LOL!
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

I think the real losers are musicians who make decisions about other musicians based on something so superficial as how their instrument looks.

But that's just me.
Quote by Evil_Jim43

Quote by thefitz

My blog:
Quote by Geekis_Khan
I think the real losers are musicians who make decisions about other musicians based on something so superficial as how their instrument looks.

But that's just me.

Yeah, but if you're in the know, if something's long, skinny, covered in leather and hisses, it's a snake. Are you really going to stick around and see if it bites?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, but if you're in the know, if something's long, skinny, covered in leather and hisses, it's a snake. Are you really going to stick around and see if it bites?

Do all snakes bite?

No.

Are all musicians who want to decorate their insturment with stickers losers?

No.

And for the record, there is much less logic in thinking someone who puts stickers on their bass is a loser or a bad musician than thinking a snake will bite you.
Quote by Evil_Jim43

Quote by thefitz

My blog:
Quote by Geekis_Khan
Do all snakes bite?

No.

Are all musicians who want to decorate their insturment with stickers losers?

No.

And for the record, there is much less logic in thinking someone who puts stickers on their bass is a loser or a bad musician than thinking a snake will bite you.

You're right, but a lot, if not most snakes do bite, and from my experience the bass analogy holds the same way as well. If you're not a loser then you're probably going to get some rolling eyes anyway. Loser or not, it seems VERY try-hardish. It's like punk-by-numbers.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
-rips off stickers be4 i'm unfairly accused of being a noob-
well putting stickers can be good or bad
but i advise u don't put a sticker of a band bc u might not like them in a year's time and when u want to peel it off it's a real bitch
my bass has a few stickers of manchester united and melbourne victory even, and some funny slogans
but it's all whether u think it's worth the time
Ryan: Left-Handed Political Activitist In The Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero to join