Poll: Is Flea a Funk, Punk, or Alternate bassist??
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Flea a Funk, Punk, or Alternate bassist??
FUNK
24 41%
PUNK
6 10%
ALTERNATE
19 32%
FUNK/PUNK
18 31%
ALL
15 25%
Voters: 59.
In my last thread, "Who is your favorite punk bassist?", there is a large discussion about what he is. HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!

You know you are a bassist when you try to slap a live sting ray.

^ Steve Irwin was a bassist?

DEE DEE RAMONE

the fact is he was heavily influenced by funk, in a punk bad (fear) had a funk punk style for early chillis (self titled through uplift mofo party plan) and no wplays an alternative style
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
this is funny

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
He's not really any. The fact that he slaps and pops and has a lot of dead notes doesn't make him funk. And I'm not sure what anyone could consider in him to be punk. And alternative? What the hell is that anyway. It seems to me it's just rock bands that gained critical and public acclaim. I wouldn't really put him anywhere. He's managed to fit a funk playing style in with a punk/rock band. He's pretty much broken the boundary of genre.
Please stop putting your sig in your post .

Alternative hard rock in the early days, now just straight up pop.
Dickless.
i think he used to be punk then un RHCP he become "funkier" and later more like alternative/funk
but i am nor an expert in flea`s life
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
all of the above!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Flea has never limited himself with just one style, he has done it all along the way.
Why wouldn't you make this poll with stereo buttons? This way, I can pick FUNK, PUNK and FUNK/PUNK, or I can select each and every one without selecting ALL. Phail.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
FUNK!

Try to watch some live footage of their shows, he mostly Funky
Quote by Guruda
FUNK!

Try to watch some live footage of their shows, he mostly Funky

Trust me, Flea ain't funk. He plays with funk elements, but is by no means a funk bassist.

Slap =/= funk. Fuzz (ex-Disturbed) played slap in a lot of songs. You trying to tell me Disturbed are funk?
Quote by facesofhope
how could he be punk? he plays more than tonics

So do Paul Simonon, Matt Freeman, and many, many others. I think Flea was heavily influenced by post-punk in RHCP's early career, especially Gang of Four, which has lots of funk influence. I think a lot of his funkiness comes from indirect funk influence.
All of the above. He brings elements from all of these genres and blends them together.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown