Does anyone know of any companies, other than Ovation, that make shallow bodied acoustic electrics? Specific model names would be great.
-Thanks
Godin
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Most guitars with an Auditorium style body are pretty shallow. I've got a Martin 0X-1 that's only 3-4 inches deep.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Riot Act
Fender has made Acoustic Strats, but i dont know if they are good/still made/etc.

still made, still ugly, still sound horrible unplugged
and still people say they sound OK plugged in but i have never heard one plugged in so i cant say for sure
Most thin body guitars will not sound that great unplugged, I've checked out quite a few at music stores and they all seem to sound thin unplugged. Many don't even get close to the normal volume level of an acoustic. I'm referring to the thinline models though, the ones that are about the same size as an electric.

Standard acoustics, the same is true though, the deeper the body the fuller it will sound in general, but now and then a shallow body will sound nice. To repeat what I just posted in another thread, get out there and play a few, every one will sound different, and you'll run across the occasional shallow body that does sound good, you just have to shop around and play them.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Depends how thin you wanna go. REALLY thin or thinner than normal? I like the Ibanez TCY10, cheap and still sounds decent.
Quote by hillie16
Depends how thin you wanna go. REALLY thin or thinner than normal? I like the Ibanez TCY10, cheap and still sounds decent.

+1

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Ovation amkes some quality instuments, and they have a whole lot of slim cut models. I have not heard the thin cuts, but the regulars sound amazing.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I have a Fender Telecoustic. Its very thin, and I enjoy playing it a lot.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by civildp1
Most guitars with an Auditorium style body are pretty shallow. I've got a Martin 0X-1 that's only 3-4 inches deep.

i doubt you have a 0X-1 but if you do i want pics, like know cuz martin hasn't made a cheap 0 size in about fifty years.