Hey, I just wrote a song in the shortest amount of time I ever have before....but I think the intro might be a rip off of some other song, so if anybody has heard a song with this intro, please tell me so I can change it

|---------------------------------------------------------
|---------------------------------------------------------
|--5----55-----------------------------------------------
|--5----555----557---773-----------------------------
|--3----335----557---773-----------------------------
|-----------3----335---551-----------------------------

I dont feel like tabbing out the whole thing, but this is the part that sounds plageristic.
Last edited by HLrocker at Oct 2, 2007,
wtf. C#5/C??? that... sounds wierd.

btw, i never heard a song like that before. do u have the rhythm?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
pretty much any punk band has used that chord progression, I just wanted to make sure it sounded different enough.
If that were plagarism - punk rock would no longer exist.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by yawn
One of the most common chord progressions in rock music.

Exactly, I can think of at least 5 songs off the top of my head which have that chord progression, if you take any song you can probably find another song with the same chord progression.
pretty much any punk band has used that chord progression, I just wanted to make sure it sounded different enough.

Quote by thrice_removed
If that were plagarism - punk rock would no longer exist.

Please don't assume that punks only use the grand 4, or that the grand 4 only uses punk.

Those chords built the songs of ancient, medieval and 20th Century worlds, so please don't assume that they were merely the stereotypical outcome of 7 glorious years.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Please don't assume that punks only use the grand 4, or that the grand 4 only uses punk.

Those chords built the songs of ancient, medieval and 20th Century worlds, so please don't assume that they were merely the stereotypical outcome of 7 glorious years.

Nah - I just like ripping on modern music for no apparent reason. I have heard quite a bit of punk that used other chord progressions, however, at the time I had one stuck in my head with that progression (darned Blink182), thus the comment. And yes - its not like classical music (which I am a big fan of) doesn't use that progression as well.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

but punk is no more modern than pink floyd.

Punk was over BEFORE floyd started (in the words of Ian Anderson, not words I'd nessecarily agree with) to become pale imitations of themselves.