i just got a secondhand laney lc50 (the original 90s version) and the reverb is messed up. whenever i try to use the amp dials in a loud annoying buzz. if anyone knows what could be wrong id be grateful if you told me. thanks
reverb tank is dead
my Fender has this problem, it just adds a set amount of buzz instead of reverb
I sold it without fixing it though
probably replace the reverb tube. It's a standard preamp tube to my knowledge
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
i would take it to an amp tech. My friend had two amps crap out in the reverb department, and that was the truble, only it wasnt a buzz, it was absolutely no reverb, so i'd imaging your tube is old and my friends was just plain dead
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
no problem, it's just a hunch, and I hope that it's just a bad tube, and not something more serious
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Could also be a broken or disconnected lead to or from the reverb pan.
I forgot to ask, is it spring reverb?
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Might be a broken or disconnected spring. Sometimes the pan is not fastened down so great and can tilt or shake when vibrated.