Edgar Allen Poe

The Bells is perhaps my favorite poem ever.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
A man maid... - Stephen Crane.

When the prophet... - Stephen Crane

We Real Cool - Gwendolyn Brooks

A Considerable Speck - Robert Frost

For something less twentieth century/existentialist:

Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night - Dylan Thomas

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock - T.S. Elliot
Last edited by yawn at Oct 2, 2007,
Try some Allen Ginsberg
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Can you do a haiku?

Or, even better, you should do a rendition of The Real Slimshady by Eminem. I'd give you $5 if you did that.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
I second "Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night" by Dylan Thomas.

Also, for something that's just fun to say, look into some of Langston Hughes' poetry. It has cool jazz/blues rhythms to the words, and they're bitchin' cool.
Can't stop the signal.
Or, "Big Balls" by AC/DC. There's a great amount of emotional depth and conflict in that work.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
^ Nah, it's more of a statement of social commentary regarding the prude elitism of the aristocratic elite.
Quote by yawn
^ Nah, it's more of a statement of social commentary regarding the prude elitism of the aristocratic elite.

You, sir, have thoroughly 1-upped my ass. I tip my hat to you for a much better analysis of that song.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
You, sir, have thoroughly 1-upped my ass. I tip my hat to you for a much better analysis of that song.
It's what got me through my English classes in high school.

(Finding meaning in meaningless literary works, not upping people's asses. )
Quote by yawn
The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock - T.S. Elliot

If he wants to put the class to sleep. I made a joke with a friend of mine that I should record that poem as Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh.

Look up some stuff by Frost or if you want something ridiculous read Discovery of the New World by Carter Revard. I did a full presentation on that one.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
If he wants to put the class to sleep. I made a joke with a friend of mine that I should record that poem as Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh.
Pfft, read correctly, that poem's not boring at all. =/
Quote by yawn
It's what got me through my English classes in high school.

(Finding meaning in meaningless literary works, not upping people's asses. )

Yeah, here I was thinking I was pretty good at the art of the bullsh|t, and you totally rocked my world.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free