I traded my crappy old spider 2 for a kramer vanguard (new gibson line) and was extremely impressed by it. for the $260 it would've cost new, there is nothing like it made by the competition (ibanez, jackson, epiphone, squier/fender, gibsons don't get that cheap, minus the crappy one they sell at target.)

anyway, I really love the guitar, I just hate the way its a V and hard to reach anything past the 18th fret (very hard to do fast sweeping that high the way the neck is set).

I was thinking about saving up for a 1984 custom reissue. Are they worth the $880? Supposedly they are now made in the gibson American factory, and if they're lower priced guitars are awesome, I'm assuming the high priced ones will be amazing.

I doubt I'd be able to find a vintage one cheaper on ebay, but supposedly I hear the vintage kramers are even better than the new gibson ones (I can't see how, the new ones seem almost perfect to me.)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I haven't had an opportunity to play an 84 Reissue yet, but I bought an 85 Baretta Reissue a few months ago and it is a fantastic guitar with premium materials and components. I'm going to buy an 84 Reissue but other things keep coming up - just bought an original 85 Kramer Pacer Imperial last week. Awesome guitar.

You should check out kramerforum.com, there's several reviews and posts about the 84 Reissue and they are overhwhelmingly positive. These Reissue's are premium guitars, in an entirely seperate league from the other Kramer/Musicyo guitars.
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
The other ones seem great too. I really want the reissue, but I don't have cash, and I need a distortion pedal and wah more than another guitar (I have 4, and a good amp, but I can't get into high gain territory...)

after I sell my SG, I'll have roughly $300 (Including the $80 I have now in cash), but like I said, I'm spending it on pedals (or one multi-effect, but I have an all analog chorus, SS distortion, Tube overdrive, Analog delay pedal I can get for around $175 and I can get a crybaby classic (with fasel inductor) for $100 leaving me with almost no cash

it'll have to wait until I can get a job... or get together a band and do a ton of gigs (neither are really gonna happen right now though)

I seriously think that anything above the cheap strat copies are GREAT guitars when it comes to kramer. Much better than the competition, especially for the prices they go for...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
i've always wondered about those reissue ones. I like my ****ty kramer (it's not that bad, really), so i wonder how those would be.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I didn't mean or intend to imply that any new Kramer other than the Reissues are bad, I just meant that they really are premium guitars comparable to what other brands might sell for $2000+. No offense intended.
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
I didn't take any. Honestly, another good guitar brand is Godin, off topic I know, but my freeway classic plays/sounds like I dropped at least $1500 on it, when I got it used for $250.

the action is touch low, good pickups, top quality wood for the body/neck, all around great. it can nail any classic strat tone, from Iron maiden, to SRV and hendrix. my kramer is second to it. I really would like a kramer that plays as well as the godin, so I'm sure the reissue would be awesome for me.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
i haven't tried the 1984 reissue, but the jersey star i tried had "assembled in the USA" on the back... which sounds suspiciously to me like it's made in korea, and then just put together in the US so they can whack the stars and stripes on it. also, the musicyo factory setups are horrible. if you don't know how to set-up a guitar (including trussrod etc.), you'd need to factor in a pro setup into the equation. Plus i've heard one or two horror stories, but a lot of positives too. The jersey star i tried did seem a nice guitar, and i have one of the strikers from about 5 years back which was good for the money, IMO. EDIT: yes, godins are nice guitars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the 1984 reissue, but the jersey star i tried had "assembled in the USA" on the back... which sounds suspiciously to me like it's made in korea, and then just put together in the US so they can whack the stars and stripes on it. also, the musicyo factory setups are horrible. if you don't know how to set-up a guitar (including trussrod etc.), you'd need to factor in a pro setup into the equation. Plus i've heard one or two horror stories, but a lot of positives too. The jersey star i tried did seem a nice guitar, and i have one of the strikers from about 5 years back which was good for the money, IMO. EDIT: yes, godins are nice guitars.

My musicyo setup was pretty good.

Musicyo is actually turning out some really great guitars for a budget price.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
mine was useless, lol. EDIT: the setup, i mean.

yeah, they aren't bad guitars, pretty good for the price actually, but there are enough total horror stories to make me wary, plus i don't like the way they aren't 100% upfront about where the guitars are made.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
mine was useless, lol. EDIT: the setup, i mean.

yeah, they aren't bad guitars, pretty good for the price actually, but there are enough total horror stories to make me wary, plus i don't like the way they aren't 100% upfront about where the guitars are made.

ah i guess i got lucky.
Mines marked clearly(though now i forget) with USA gibson humbuckers and gibson strings(BIG sticker emphasizing the origin of the strings...yes..the strings...as if Id actually use stock strings)

Setup was good. floyd was recessed into the cavity which I expected since thats the norm for shipping. Only problem was, the guy at the store has moved one bridge post higher so action was a bit off, but I asume he got it setup well before he messed it up.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?