So, i didn't take my Mexican Fat strat out of it's case for 2 days (darn you Halo 3!) and today I opened it and i had a lot of fret buzz and the strings sounded really dead. I'm in Florida, and the weather is changing from HOT summer to semi-chilly, windy winter. I know it wasn't caused by me, because i always wash my hands before i play and keep my guitar in case when nt playing. I ran my clean fingers and a clean rag across the strings and got like no dirt, so i know it's not dirt thats making the strings sound so dead..... any other suggestions?
It's not very good to keep a guitar in a case all the time, especially where you live. So much humidity is just asking for trouble. I keep my Strat hanging on the wall. Looks great, keeps it away from harm, and it doesn't go out of tune or anything when the weather changes.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
That's prob gonna be the action. I actually have an action problem myself. In fact I also just read an article about humidity's effect on guitars here : http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/care.htm#care. You probably need to get the action adjusted for about $25. That's what you get for playing Halo instead of guitar!!!

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
Quote by i(ncubus)play
It's not very good to keep a guitar in a case all the time, especially where you live. So much humidity is just asking for trouble. I keep my Strat hanging on the wall. Looks great, keeps it away from harm, and it doesn't go out of tune or anything when the weather changes.

Thats pretty much the opposite of what's recommended. Climate changes will affect a guitar much more gradually (safely) if its in a tiny microclimate such as the case. Just make sure you store it away from things like heaters, air conditioners and outer walls of the building.
Quote by OneRust
Thats pretty much the opposite of what's recommended. Climate changes will affect a guitar much more gradually (safely) if its in a tiny microclimate such as the case. Just make sure you store it away from things like heaters, air conditioners and outer walls of the building.

Really? This I did not know. Meh, I play too much to be troubled to take in/out of case so much
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
how is it chilly in florida, im in orlando, and its still hot, just rainy.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by Nirvana-Man
same here.... but for this said weekend, it was cold and rainy!
It will get cold soon though

yes it will.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
is the bridge level?

perhaps a spring popped off.

leaving guitars in their case is recommended.

if the bridge is level, use a tiny allen wrench to lift the buzzing string's saddles, like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I actually left my guitar in my car for a week when I went away and forgot about it. When I got it out and started playing it, I realized that it had never sounded better. I don't know what happened there.
usually when you do that, you'll end up with a warped neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011