My computer is running really slow lately and I went into task manager and found two processes of iexplorer.exe that is aking up all my memory. Every time I end the process it comes right back up and will use a combined amount of over 100 K. Is there a way for me to get rid of this and make my computer running fast again?

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Sounds like a virus/spyware to me.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
100k = not big.
iexplore = internet explorer
iexplorer = trojan horse/virus.

you run any virus protection at all? avast! or avg? they're both free.
download and run spybot search and destroy as well. let it run and clean everything.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by DougC84
100k = not big.
iexplore = internet explorer
iexplorer = trojan horse/virus.

you run any virus protection at all? avast! or avg? they're both free.
download and run spybot search and destroy as well. let it run and clean everything.

It is actually iexplore, but Now I have three process of it.

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Quote by Leper Messiah
It is actually iexplore, but Now I have three process of it.

restart. if it's still there when you reboot, and you're not running internet explorer, virus and spyware check immediately. don't type or access any private information while this is going on as well.
gear?

disk defragment and cleanup. delete cookies and temp. internet files etc... thatll get it faster if theres no virus
Christian
The fact that your computer i running "really slow" because some apps are eating 100k means there's probably something seriously wrong.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Quote by mellowyellow729
disk defragment and cleanup. delete cookies and temp. internet files etc... thatll get it faster if theres no virus

if there's adware/spyware/virus/trojan/your mom/etc., neither will help.
gear?

It happend on my comp b4 and i couldnt start anything.
But in my case it was the ccapp.exe or smth also.
however, restarting did help in my case.
don know if its a virus. just did a system restore...
Download and run Advanced Windows Care V2 Personal. It's free for personal use, it's easy because it does everything by itself, and once it's done it's scan of your pc, one button click and it will repair everything it found wrong. Sounds like you've got a self-replicating trojan running. Delete one of them, and the original spawns another to take it's place. Seen it before. The original is hidden deep, but AWC V2 will take care of it.
When you turn on the PC, hit the F5 button a couple of times until it comes up with some on-screen instructions. Choose Safe Mode. Virus are much easier to detect in Safe Mood. Trust. :P
Quote by ctb
When you turn on the PC, hit the F5 button a couple of times until it comes up with some on-screen instructions. Choose Safe Mode. Virus are much easier to detect in Safe Mood. Trust. :P

Only if you know what you're doing and know what to look for. AWC is easier cuz it's automatic and takes the guesswork out of the equasion.
Quote by mellowyellow729

ALWAYS works for me, sometimes it in my registry and i find them with the spyware doctor trail virus scan and manually delete them. to open the registry type regedit into run.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Quote by ctb

Is that where Windows doesn't act like a hormonal freak?

Seriously though, this may be a self replicating trojan, but simply because the process will be created when you stop it does not indicate this. Now, what you will need to do is look for other suspicious looking programs. A few things to keep an eye for are programs that appear, then disappear quickly after the computer has been on for a while. That's generally a launch program, working much like a TSR, that activates when a desired process is stopped to start it again. Now, there are several fun things to do from this point. My favorite is to rename the files it tries to launch. Or, renaming the file itself can give it problems. Deleting the launcher may work, but it won't always, so the best thing to do is to open the program in Notepad, skip the first 5-10 characters, so the file doesn't become invalid as a program, then just type gibberish over everything. Really fun.

Or, you can do things the proper way as mentioned by previous users, but that's just not much fun, and is a ton easier.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by ctb

F8!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.