hey im getting prety good at improving with the blues pentatonic and the natural minor scale, which i know are widely used by alot of people, but i was also wondering some other scales some people used. some of the artists i would be interested knowing the scales would be the eagles, eric clapton, metallica, scorpions, hendrix. and maybe some more bluesy scales. thx alot, a link to these scales would be great. the scales used in hotel california would be much apreciated.
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
Last edited by eyeownyu at Oct 3, 2007,
Other than Metallica who'll use a bit more exotic stuff like the modes and harmonic minor as well, the artists you've mentioned tend to use the exact same scales you've been using...although you could throw the major petatonic in there too for Eagles stuff.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Harmonic minor is used a lot in metal/metalcore (maybe some other genres but i wouldn't know)

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

dang so if they use the same stuff i do then i cant think of anyting original to play, any suggestions on that. it seems when i play i can only think of other songs and other riffs and stuff. i can never think of my own stuff.
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.