My friend loant me His bass, but when I took it out of the case the neck was extremley bowed

He said he left it in the case for like 2 weeks.
so should I just leave it in a "humid" place for a few days?
or **** around with the truss rod?
Cancer.
take it in to a shop get it done right

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Well it's not mine and Like he'd throw down $30 to get it fixed, i'm just looking for a quick easy cheap fix
the bass is like 8 years old and in horrible shape
i'm wondering if it's at all fixable at home
Cancer.
There is no "quick easy fix". Unless you know what you're doing, take it to a good shop, but remember that it may be completely ****ed. Depending on how bad it is, there may be nothing you can do. Might as well give it a shot though.
That said, if no-one cares what happens to bass, take the opportunity to mess around with the truss rod. Better off wrecking something crap than something good.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Very true, I guess i'll just kinda let it sit in my room for a week or something than give it back It may have been the humidity , because it was kept in a closed dry environment for a few weeks
so apparentally leaving it in a fairly humid climate for a while may fix it a bit but other than that I don't think i'll touch it
Cancer.
if your gonna do something like that also try tightening the truss rod and really really loosening up the strings

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by jesus-squared
Very true, I guess i'll just kinda let it sit in my room for a week or something than give it back It may have been the humidity , because it was kept in a closed dry environment for a few weeks
so apparentally leaving it in a fairly humid climate for a while may fix it a bit but other than that I don't think i'll touch it

NO it won't, it needs straightening by adjusting the truss rod, take it to someone who knows whats he's doing and watch him.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by jesus-squared
My friend loant me His bass, but when I took it out of the case the neck was extremley bowed

He said he left it in the case for like 2 weeks.
so should I just leave it in a "humid" place for a few days?
or **** around with the truss rod?

John Swift is absolutely correct.

first off, a bass neck should have a slight bow. second- two weeks in a case will not cause any harm to the bass, or the neck. that neck had the same amount of bow, when it was put in the case, two weeks earlier. third- every bass should be set-up by a pro at least once. if you buy a new set of strings, most shops will install them and give the bass a "once over" for a small set-up fee. my shop charged me $25 to install the strings, and do a set-up. the set-up also included adjustments to the truss rod, bridge and p-ups, plus they set the intonation. well worth the time and money.
if you don't have the money. google set-up, bass guitar. and learn about the process before you try to do it yourself. good luck