So the problem is that when i press down on the fret board straight down with my finger my nail hits the fretboard cuz the tip of my fingers are still soft, (caloused but soft); this happens with the thinner strings. Not that big of a deal with the E string because it's on the side so I can press it down messy. But the B string is a problem. But I already cut and filed my nails down to the fleshy part....

Usually I don't press straight down and instead angle my hand and use the side of my finger, but I don't think that that was the best way to play. Cuz often times my finger or finger nail touches the other open strings.

So is basically what I gotta do is keep on playing like that until the calousses really build up?
You answered your own question : ).

Keep on trucking.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
no pain, no gain.
play till your fingers hurt.
then play some more.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
If your fingers aren't bleeding, then you're not playing hard enough!!!
I made you a cookie but I eated it.
lol. alright i got the idea. thanks you guys. (imagine little screaming Leonidas emoticon)
A good friend will come bail you out of jail.....
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn.... We fucked up."