Page 1 of 2
These guys are so ****ing awesome!

Thrash Death Metal perhaps?
Hail the count and Revelations are such ****ing sick songs

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5263085&MyToken=92f2b4ce-8c29-4133-9cbf-f5acdfe1ceee
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
new album "KINGDOM OF MIGHT"

total bliss
if you are a fan of any type of metal/thrash/death whatever go take a listen
wayyyy better then the Tribunal records album

PLUS they're on Metalblade now whoot coming to a town near you go now listen!!
Was checking out their myspace not too long ago, stuff ain't too bad, no songs really grabbed me by mah balls though.
"the seven braids of samson" my favorite

in my opinion Woe is one of those bands to me that its cool to listen to but to me its a totally different experiance to see them live
i saw them live 2 times before i even got the tribunal record and yeah i listened to it a few times id just rather see it live theyre so fantastic to watch
Well I keep seeing them pop up all over the place so i will give it a listen
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
so its been out a few weeks

anyone listened to it a lil more throughly

i have tabs ready for :
"break the fangs of the wicked" w/ solo
"kingdom of might(the eclipse)" no solo (help??)
"kingodm of might(dawn....)" w/ solo

and i have all the solo/lead parts to "seven braids of samson" help on that song could be used

just for anyone who was wondering about tabs
Having gone through all the myspace songs, I can safely say this band is, to me, generic, try-hard, repetitive and dull. I don't really care how technical or over-hyped it is.
Didn't like them. MH, I'd save your time, I highly doubt you'll like them.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I think they're decent. But nothing more. I have other generic extreme metal bands to listen to.
Nothing ground-breaking but a great addition to the genre? Interesting.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
Nothing ground-breaking but a great addition to the genre? Interesting.

thats what im saying good addition every new album doesnt have to be ground breaking
C'mon, they're a metalcore band singing about the Bible. They openly talk about promoting a "positive message" (which on mainstream labels is industry speak for "Christian"). Where have you been?
Their songs are drawn from Biblical sources, and reference Biblical stories. They're not "thrash" or "death metal" with "core influences" - they sound like every other metalcore act out there: hardcore percussion styles and a mix of metal and hardcore riffs strung together with melodies stolen from later At the Gates. There's nothing new here, and it's not metal.
Lamb of God doesn't sound like As I Lay Dying either. Seriously, compare Woe of Tyrants to a band that really is a hybrid of speed metal and death metal with metalcore influences: Skeletonwitch. The latter has a sound much more rooted in metal (even if it comes off as a bit dull and hipsterish).
Quote by Annihilator666
they would rather sing about mountains, kingdoms, and battles (power metal influence present) than talk about gore and death like a lot of metal bands do. It also shows in the scales the use in their solos.

gore is good but its used too much these days its like you have to talk about killing ect to have a death sound
now im a guitarist so i dont even really listen to vox but i am geting sick of ultra gore in lyrics not saying i dont enjoy it all together just use the musicianship to create the sound
woe of tyrants have done this superb musicanship not just in the tech side of it the whole product
I heard their CD, but it failed to stick. You know, kinda like when you throw a pile of **** at a wall? It just kinda slides off...

Kinda like that Sylosis album that came out last year. I get confused between them sometimes.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by Fritigern
Their songs are drawn from Biblical sources, and reference Biblical stories. They're not "thrash" or "death metal" with "core influences" - they sound like every other metalcore act out there: hardcore percussion styles and a mix of metal and hardcore riffs strung together with melodies stolen from later At the Gates. There's nothing new here, and it's not metal.

new guy is a little jaded... and already banned... oh well
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
Quote by rhampster
gore is good but its used too much these days its like you have to talk about killing ect to have a death sound
now im a guitarist so i dont even really listen to vox but i am geting sick of ultra gore in lyrics not saying i dont enjoy it all together just use the musicianship to create the sound
woe of tyrants have done this superb musicanship not just in the tech side of it the whole product

You there.Yes, you. Learn how to punctuate.
I actually like this band. I like how they blend the brutalness with power/speed type stuff. Very nice!

And no, not christian metalcore...at all. Only a complete retard would think such a thing.
I like their older CD better
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
I really like them actually. Nothing groundbreaking as said before, but still. And it's absolutely not another generic metalcore band.
Iced earth!!!!!!!
I think they're underrated. I mean, true, they're not groundbreaking, but I don't see why every new band has to be. And they certainly sound better than a lot of other melodic/thrashy death bands. Good live, too.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by metalistight
Sounded like more talented Metalcore with no breakdowns to me...

That's pretty much just generic Gothenburg Melodeath.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I have listened to one of their albums a few times, but I can't actually remember anything about it. They are too generic and boring.
Quote by jetfuel495
You there.Yes, you. Learn how to punctuate.

UG stands for Ultimate Guitar not Ultimate Grammer as long as the point get accross i dont care, back to the subject

Quote by GodofCheesecake
I think they're underrated. I mean, true, they're not groundbreaking, but I don't see why every new band has to be. And they certainly sound better than a lot of other melodic/thrashy death bands. Good live, too.

thank you! phuck genres and just enjoy music without all the bs
you gotta give these guys props most of the band is young, they tour their asses off and have been good enough to get signed to metalblade
Didn't grab me as much as KoM, but it was solid. KoM was such a good album.
Quote by Annihilator666
They do have some core influence in their sound, that is kind of impossible to avoid when you are a new band in this day and age, but for the most part they are a mix death, thrash, black and a little bit of power metal.
I can see why you would think they are promoting Christianity, but I've read in several interviews that they would rather sing about mountains, kingdoms, and battles (power metal influence present) than talk about gore and death like a lot of metal bands do. It also shows in the scales the use in their solos.

So many newer bands have ZERO scenecore influence.Its not hard to avoid. This is definately metalcore, the vocals,production style and riffing style gives it away.What i`ve noticed with all thees bands is that you can pick out the fact that their not playing true metal no matter how many outside influences they bring in. Because the spirit shows through. So while the execution may be different then All That Remains and the likes, they still retain a similar vibe. Even if they happen to like power metal as well as melodeath.

Oh what do ya know, a band that started a few years ago and has no scenecore influence
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Last edited by Riffmast at Jun 10, 2010,
Well i would say Metalcore like Converge is valid as crossover.But bands like As I Lay Dying and All That Remains really don`t belong in the same genre as Morbid Angel or Archgoat or even At The Gates.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Page 1 of 2