Okay, I did a search, and didn't find this sort of thread (not easily, anyway). So forgive the likely repeat, but I would like to know everyone's favorite delay pedals, and why they are favored over the rest. Thanks!
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

I've got a Digtech Digidelay. So I suppose it's my favourite. I don't see any reason why I'd consider it better than any other delay, it's got all the standard controls and works as you'd expect.

Although it does have a loop feature where you can record audio, loop it, play over it, record that, loop it and play over it etc but it's only about 4 seconds long.
A lot of people will probably say the EHX Deluxe memory man, I do not, personally mine is by FAR the BOSS DD6, if you cant get some insane experimental sounds out of it you just have no soul, it also does every possible normal delay sound I could want, as well as tap tempo, reverse delays and Warp
Diezel, Motherfucker
some people spazz out over the deluxe memory man, because it sounds 'natural' (which is possibly the most ridiculous thing to say, ever). personally, i like my headrush. cheap, easy to use, plenty of tweakability, sounds nice.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
EHX #1 Echo
It was $99
Has a great warm sound to it and i find myself keeping it on at least one subtle repeat most of the time.
Simple to use
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Last edited by Johnonon at Oct 3, 2007,
Im gunna back the BOSS DD-20.

Its got 11 types of delay. Go look em up.

Heaps of sub features in the delays (Duel Delays, Chorus Delays, Double Head Tape Delay, Delay Holder, Stoner Warp thing and reverse ).

Its got all your normal stuff like Tap tempo, 4 memory slots, Stereo in and out and you can do things like Dry Signal out one and wet out of the other. Stereo Panning Delays.

Its got a nice little looper thing where you can record phrases and loop and record over them to create layerd stuff.

AND whos gunna need anymore than 23 seconds of delay?
Last edited by RiCKONZ at Oct 3, 2007,
Quote by mh400nt
A lot of people will probably say the EHX Deluxe memory man, I do not, personally mine is by FAR the BOSS DD6, if you cant get some insane experimental sounds out of it you just have no soul, it also does every possible normal delay sound I could want, as well as tap tempo, reverse delays and Warp

Do you have any settings for lead delay tones?

Just wondering.

I personally have only played the DD-6 and it does the job fairly well! I haven't played with the DMM, but it doesn't really sound like something that would be used for leads--more for experimental purposes.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
DD-6 or DL-4 in my book. However, I'm currently adapting to the DL-4, it's a bit more complicated than the DD-6. The Boss one does have a useless tap tempo mode though.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by RiCKONZ
Im gunna back the BOSS DD-20.

Its got 11 types of delay. Go look em up.

Heaps of sub features in the delays (Duel Delays, Chorus Delays, Double Head Tape Delay, Delay Holder, Stoner Warp thing and reverse ).

Its got all your normal stuff like Tap tempo, 4 memory slots, Stereo in and out and you can do things like Dry Signal out one and wet out of the other. Stereo Panning Delays.

Its got a nice little looper thing where you can record phrases and loop and record over them to create layerd stuff.

AND whos gunna need anymore than 23 seconds of delay?

+1
the DD-20 is amazing. if you ask in guitar stores which delay pedal to buy they will recommend the DD-20 as opposed to, say, line 6's DL4. get it. NOW.
I love my DMM, does everything I want it to do and more.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
You know guys, I actually do not like my DD-20. I have it on eBay right now for that purpose! Its not as defined... or "natural" as I'd like. I used to have a DD-2 and wow... it was sweet! However, the buttons and features on the DD-20 are just too much IMO. I have heard several delay/echo pedals. I must say this, the EHX DDM and the StereoMM are great. You get what you pay for usually, but the DD-2 and DD-6 are nice for the price. I will have to say that the SMM is my next delay just because it's blue and has the name "hazarai" attatched to it! Wouldn't you think of getting the DMM if you had only one cab though? EXACTLY! So why go for the Stereo MM? Cause it's $100 + less.... I don't know why? Check 'em out though... they're dreamy
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
www.thegearpage.net
There are lots of threads about high-end delays right now. Just go to page 3 or so.
They recommend the T.C. Nova Delay, the Eventide Timefactor, the Diamond Memory Lane and the Pigtronix Echolution.
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Last edited by Philipp Sobecki at Oct 3, 2007,
I love my DL-4. It's a beast to handle in the beginning, but it can do so much. I didn't let the many features bear me down, and I'm glad I didn't.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Quote by Sun-burst
supposedly the T-Rex replica delay is really awesome. not that i have tried it tho

i can confirm that for you, but why even bring it up if you havent played it? i cant stand people who do that. it doesnt make you cool to name drop.

personally echoplex > everything else
My AD-9. It does what I want. Not the cheapest, only has the basic 3 knobs, but it sounds sweet. And it's 26 years old which ups the mojo. Ok, to be honest it's the only delay I've tried.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28