buy sum sound proofing panels. or the foam covers for beds, they are pretty cheap. or get a whole load of egg containers. or hang up thick curtains or padding on the walls.

or the cheapest way is 2 use that little knob on ur equipment which has "volume" on it and turn that down lol. its worked for me.
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Jackson DX10D Rhoads (EMG 81/85)
Jackson Dinky (dimebucker)
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
Hughes and Kettner triliogy head + 4x12 cab
Line 6 spider 2 head w/ marshall 1960 B cab
^If only drums had a volume knob.
Egg cartons dont really help at all. Mattresses work pretty well.
Quote by MankiiKing

for drums what we did was we muted the **** out of them by filling all the drums with padding. as for the over heads theres not much u can do about them, we did tie bits of cloth 2 them and that worked a bit.
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Jackson DX10D Rhoads (EMG 81/85)
Jackson Dinky (dimebucker)
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
Hughes and Kettner triliogy head + 4x12 cab
Line 6 spider 2 head w/ marshall 1960 B cab
we've just had the same problem, but worse, it got to the point where the neighbors were making death threats, invest in some drum pads, it's sorted it for us.
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Carpet and carpet padding.

I was in a band in Houston years ago with a bass player who had his 2 car garage set up as a practice room. 4 layers of carpet padding under 2 or 3 layers of carpet, ceiling and all, the neighbors 20 feet away couldn't hear the band sitting on their front porch. Just one layer of each on the floor, it worked really well, his wife could sit in the living room and watch tv or talk on the phone and never a problem.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
foam. lots and lots of foam.
or get a load of cheap matresses. eggboxes dull the sound, but arent too effective.

and i spose you could always save up for an electric kit.......
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Egg Cartons are about as effective as paper. Lot's of people think they help because they are shaped like sound-proofing foam, but the shape doesn't do as much as the material does.

Mattresses will work, as well as a brick wall around your house, foam, etc.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Quote by MankiiKing

Use padding on the drums? My dad has some pads he bought which just dampen the sound, they are still loud but not as bad. Or, use brushes, my old drummer did that and it worked well for practice
at my friends house we just shut the garage door. it muffles to a degree, not a whole lot but enough that the neighbor quit calling the police.

i havent been on UG in about 2 months so im not sure if its become a rule not to mention this anymore, but we once managed to get our hand on about 200 free boxes. that worked wonders.
You can find cheap rehearsal spaces that cost like $30 for the day, they have them down here.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man