im looking for a guitar with a floyd rose what guitar(s) can i buy with a whammy already installed
alot of them....
most Jacksons, alot of ESPs/LTDs, Floyd Rose guitars, Dean Guitars, some Schecters
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
When buying one, make sure it has a good trem and not some cheap knock off. When getting an Ibanez, make sure it's an Edge Pro, Lo-Pro Edge, Double Edge or ZR. When buying another brand, make sure it's an OFR (original Floyd Rose) or a good copy, like the ones Schaller makes. If your not sure about a trem, just post the guitar on here and ask.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
so im thinking about a jackson i just had a look at the website and most of them have fulcrum bridges or jackson double locking tremolo ... i didnt see any with a floyd rose do u no any certain models that are stock with floyd rose?
Quote by mr_tobogan_28
so im thinking about a jackson i just had a look at the website and most of them have fulcrum bridges or jackson double locking tremolo ... i didnt see any with a floyd rose do u no any certain models that are stock with floyd rose?

Floyd Rose bridges are double locking trems.

One that has an OFR is this one:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2803010859

Just look around on the site for more.
Quote by mr_tobogan_28
is there any guitars with a floyd rose for a not to expensive price say $500 or a bit more

You'll want to look at the Ibanez S series; not too expensive and they have a great trem.

http://ibanez.com/eg/series.aspx?s=s
Quote by mr_tobogan_28
i looked at ibanez s series is a ZR Bridge the same as a floyd rose

Well, it's not made by Floyd Rose, but it's roughly the same thing.

You can do all the things you do with a Floyd Rose with a ZR.

Also, like I said, the quality is great.
Try it first. It feels a lot different then a Floyd Rose. Plus if something breaks, you're screwed in terms of getting parts. You should also check out the ESP/LTD Jeff Hannerman sig, as it has a Kahler bridge on it, which is double locking, but it is even more of a pain in the ass to work with then a ZR, but help and parts is more readily available, as Kahlers have been made on and off for the past 25 odd years. Basically, when you're buying a guitar under $500, it breaks down like this:

Floyd Rose Licensed = Double Locking, Easy to Fix, Easy to find parts and help, but lousy quality
Kahler = Great quality, but extremely hard to fix and its not easy to find parts and help
Ibanez ZR = Good quality, and not as hard to fix as a Kahler, but parts are only available through Ibanez at a jacked up price, and if you need help, you're in trouble, as far fewer people own ZRs then they do Floyds or Kahlers.
Quote by CJRocker
Try it first. It feels a lot different then a Floyd Rose. Plus if something breaks, you're screwed in terms of getting parts. You should also check out the ESP/LTD Jeff Hannerman sig, as it has a Kahler bridge on it, which is double locking, but it is even more of a pain in the ass to work with then a ZR, but help and parts is more readily available, as Kahlers have been made on and off for the past 25 odd years. Basically, when you're buying a guitar under $500, it breaks down like this:

Floyd Rose Licensed = Double Locking, Easy to Fix, Easy to find parts and help, but lousy quality
Kahler = Great quality, but extremely hard to fix and its not easy to find parts and help
Ibanez ZR = Good quality, and not as hard to fix as a Kahler, but parts are only available through Ibanez at a jacked up price, and if you need help, you're in trouble, as far fewer people own ZRs then they do Floyds or Kahlers.

With the S having had a major boost in popularity due to the ZR trem, help and parts aren't as hard to find as they might have been a few years ago.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
With the S having had a major boost in popularity due to the ZR trem, help and parts aren't as hard to find as they might have been a few years ago.

True but, a lot more people with Kahlers and Floyds
Quote by Bonsaischaap
When buying one, make sure it has a good trem and not some cheap knock off. When getting an Ibanez, make sure it's an Edge Pro, Lo-Pro Edge, Double Edge or ZR. When buying another brand, make sure it's an OFR (original Floyd Rose) or a good copy, like the ones Schaller makes. If your not sure about a trem, just post the guitar on here and ask.

+1

Also Ibanez edges are good, and Gotoh. I think the musicman ones and vigier ones are good too.

for $500, the ibanez s is probably your best bet i'd have thought. though there might be some i'm missing (those Floyd rose guitars are meant to be quite good, though I haven't tried them).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

Also Ibanez edges are good, and Gotoh. I think the musicman ones and vigier ones are good too.

for $500, the ibanez s is probably your best bet i'd have thought. though there might be some i'm missing (those Floyd rose guitars are meant to be quite good, though I haven't tried them).

Vigier trems are supposed to be awesome, but then again, isn't everything they make great (and also far out of the TS' budget)?
yeah, i was just making a list.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CJRocker

Leave.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Leave.

Do you strive to make retarded posts? You do it well.
alright well iv looked at the ibanez s series i think im gonna get a S520EX thanks for ur help everyone