I'm hoping to get a distortion pedal for Christmas for my bass.
I already have a Wah.
So, gimme some ideas for a good pedal at a good price!

Dee Dee Ramone

Gear:
Fender Squire P-Bass
Lyon Wah Pedal
Peavey Blazer 158 amp

I got myself a double muff for £45. The thing sounds incredible.
I'm in love with my BOSS ODB-3. It's really good and kind of cheap-ish too compared to most pedals out there.
EHX big muff *ducks fitzy's attack* nah seriously stay the hell away from the muffs.

i recommend the BOSS ODB3 or the Digitech Overdrive. they are both fantastic pedals that will preserve your low end. Although with BOSS pedals you tend to pay for 'the privilege of owning a BOSS' as it were.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
You CANNOT go wrong with the Boss OBD-3!! Very sweeet stomp.
You can adjust the amount of clean signal so its fully clean with out any od or you can make it as heavly overdriven as anything! plus has a 2band eq. Can get great tones out of this stomp. Iv tried out all sorts of od's and I can say I love this one the most!
Last edited by sictree at Oct 3, 2007,
I have an Ibanez PD7 and it's excellent. It can dirty up your clean tone just a little bit, or give you a nice distorted tone that isn't over-the-top.

I've tried the BOSS ODB-3, and I personally thought it sounded crappy.

I also own a Big Muff, and used to swear by it until the PD7 came along. The Muff is good for a nice fuzzy buzzsaw tone, but it does drain your low end compared to a REAL bass distortion pedal.