Everyone complains that bands use the same old chords over and over. Open's, Barres and Powerchords, and they dislike bands for doing that. But what bands use chords other then those, I want a few examples of bands using unusal chords/ or chords no-one else does..
The Mars Volta, and to a lesser extent, At The Drive-In use some funky ass shizzle in their songs
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Apparantly Opeth use some weird stuff although I only know 5 or chords so they may just be 7ths or something, not sure lol.
Most prog rock/metal bands, death/black metal, some funk bands.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
It's not the type of chord, it's the fact that some bands just use sets of a couple simple chords that never go anywhere. There's no innovation or real creativity.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
the reason that some chords are overused is because they sound the best.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
jimi hendrix, its not really about the chords he uses, but the way he uses them. Try little wing, castles made of sand, and pretty much anything else. amazing...
Me.

John Frusciante sometimes..

Nick Drake..

Uhh.. I'm too lazy.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Powerchords don't make a song sound bad, it's the writer which makes the song sound bad.

Putting some strange jazzy chord into a song doesn't make it better, it's how it's used that matters.
You know what I've noticed lately? A lot of threads about those lately.

And do you know what else? Everyone always hates on people who make the same old threads. But, it's not the same threads that are the problem.. It's the way they're used.

Troll, troll, troll...
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Its how decent a song writer is, if they use barrre chords all the way but have a nak for writing good songs, Kurt Cobain is a example he wasnt a extremely good guitarist but a very good song writer.
Manchester United