How do I remove the logo of my squier standard strat from the headstock without making it look horrible? Would sandpaper do?
Blues Power
why would you want to?
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Cause I want to, and cause I'm sick of people bagging my guitar cause it's a squier, it's a great guitar, and also I like the whole mysterious look of a headstock with no logo... By the way, I think the finish of the neck and the headstock is polyutherane... I'm not 100% sure
Blues Power
of course sandpaper will work, good luck getting it to look decent though, you'll have to sand it really well (for a long time) if its polyurethane, and then you'll have to refinish the headstock if you want it to match, and that will also be hard
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
If you do it though, you could actually put a custom made logo on the headstock then
Quote by chris_kedro
If you do it though, you could actually put a custom made logo on the headstock then

haha, I know, I'm thinking about doing that, got any ideas on where I can get em?
Blues Power
interesting idea, once the logo is gone, get a fender logo and put it on. See if the same people think its still crap
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
or you could go the cheaper route and just not care what other people say. A lot of people bash gibson's faded series, but I love mine, haha I dont care.

But yea if you do use sandpaper, you can probably make it look decent if you sand it down... You could also remove all the tuners, and sand it down and paint the entire headstock black or something
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Better a Squier than a no-name copy I suppose...
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
projectguitar.com has a tutorial for making custom logos, seems pretty tricky though, check it out
naked girl
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Sandpaper, work your way up to 600 grit from about 120 grit. Then you'll need to refinish the front of the headstock.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by chris_kedro
projectguitar.com has a tutorial for making custom logos, seems pretty tricky though, check it out

Seems pretty simple actually. Its more or less like making a temporary skin tattoo. Would require a lot of sanding though since you already have a logo.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
Seems pretty simple actually. Its more or less like making a temporary skin tattoo. Would require a lot of sanding though since you already have a logo.

Might not be hard to do, but might be hard to make it look professional.
Well if Squier made you a great guitar then I think it's a little ungrateful to take away their logo and not give them credit for it. They have a bad reputation as it is, and it's not that well deserved either in my opinion. I had a Squier 7-string that I loved, and I know people who've got Squiers around $500-600 that are much nicer than Fneders for the same price.
I actually just did this, wierd...

I just sanded down the front of the headstock, painted the front (put painter's tape on the sides/ neck) and then clearcoated it. Worked great.