it's a used guitar that i might purchase...so, if you can idenitfy it - can you tell me if it's any good... my best guess is it's sheffield by axl ...but not so sure...

thanks!
Attachments:
slika_47273.0.jpg
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

SEX, DRUGS AND DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
Last edited by smajatz at Oct 3, 2007,
Quote by Horlicks
No offence but that headstock is the uglier than Dave_Mc's Edwards

yeah it does look ****ty...i don't like it either, but that doesn't mean it sounds bad :P
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

iv never seen an offset bridge humbucker like that before, r they common?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Kramer and Charvel used to do guitars with off centre pickups....You dont see many these days tho'...
Quote by fergus74
Kramer and Charvel used to do guitars with off centre pickups....You dont see many these days tho'...

Indeed. The reason for this was to get a standard spaced pickups pole pieces to line up with the strings on a Floyd Rose. The reason you don't see it often now is you now have Floyd Spaced pickups, and thus there is no need for it, though it is a cool look imo.

Now that ugly guitar, I have no idea If AXL did it, it would have their logo or neck plate.
Quote by CJRocker
Indeed. The reason for this was to get a standard spaced pickups pole pieces to line up with the strings on a Floyd Rose. The reason you don't see it often now is you now have Floyd Spaced pickups, and thus there is no need for it, though it is a cool look imo.

Now that ugly guitar, I have no idea If AXL did it, it would have their logo or neck plate.

well the seller says it has "Sheffield by Axl" on neck... But when I it looked up, couldn't find it anywhere...
Sooo....If it is this guitar he claims it is - is it any good? And don't tell me it's ugly - I can see that Any info would be helpfull...

Quote by smajatz
well the seller says it has "Sheffield by Axl" on neck... But when I it looked up, couldn't find it anywhere...
Sooo....If it is this guitar he claims it is - is it any good? And don't tell me it's ugly - I can see that Any info would be helpfull...

They aren't bad players. Fret ends can be nasty though, and the hardware isn't too great. The pickups aren't anything special. Unless its like $100 or something, pass.
Quote by CJRocker
They aren't bad players. Fret ends can be nasty though, and the hardware isn't too great. The pickups aren't anything special. Unless its like $100 or something, pass.

well the seller says he replaced the original pickups with some new ibanez ones, and he's selling it for about 75 euros. i don't own an electric, i play acoustic, and i think it's a fair price for a start....

edit: that's little over 100$ so... does anyone own any type of AXL guitar?are they good?

Quote by smajatz
well the seller says he replaced the original pickups with some new ibanez ones, and he's selling it for about 75 euros. i don't own an electric, i play acoustic, and i think it's a fair price for a start....

Sounds kinda odd, as Ibanez ones would have some kind of marking if they were new (INF, V, etc). Sounds kinda shady, but at that price, its really your call. I wouldn't though.
Quote by CJRocker
Sounds kinda odd, as Ibanez ones would have some kind of marking if they were new (INF, V, etc). Sounds kinda shady, but at that price, its really your call. I wouldn't though.

perhaps they're not new? i dunno... for the money..........