OK I'm sure one of you guys know the answer to this. I got two 360's and two halo 3 discs and two tv's so is there a way to play multiplayer so we dont have to play split screen with out having high speed internet or anything? You see we can only get dial up here and i got two of everything so i was wondering if theres a way to jus hook that **** together. thanks
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
Im fairly sure you can use a Ethernet cable and system link the two 360s.
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
BBE Stomp Sonic Maximizer
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
a LAN cable/line (or crossover cable i think) should do the trick. It would help if you got a HUB to put all the cable into, and the cables go into the internet bit in your 360
can you still use the head sets? cause my other console is hooked up to my other HD tv down stairs right below my upstairs one. i can easily run the chord through the floor where the stereo chord runs down stairs.
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
If you hook up a 360 to each Tv and run that cable betweent them then yes you can use the headsets.
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
BBE Stomp Sonic Maximizer
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
I'm pretty sure you have to get a specific X-Box link up cable. The ports are the same as Ethernet ones, but Microsoft will want more money and so make you buy their cable.

A while back, we tried linking 2 normal X-Boxes with an Ethernet cable to no avail, and had to buy a specific X-Box one.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by JamieB
I'm pretty sure you have to get a specific X-Box link up cable. The ports are the same as Ethernet ones, but Microsoft will want more money and so make you buy their cable.

A while back, we tried linking 2 normal X-Boxes with an Ethernet cable to no avail, and had to buy a specific X-Box one.

Yerp, we had the same problem.
****ing stupid ripoff, as the cable is near enough exactly the same as an ethernet cable
well i jsut looked on xbox.com and it says

"Unlike the original Xbox video game system, Xbox 360 does not require a special crossover Ethernet cable."
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
^the guys using a cable that didnt work you had a regular cable that goes from XBOX -> HUB. The MS one you are talking about is a cross-over cable that can go from XBOX -> XBOX. You can easily reconfigure a normal cable to be cross-over with a crimper and some googling.
Or you could just hook up a router with two regular ethernet cables, which would be the simpler way of doing things. and btw having a single screen to yourself and hearing the cries of your friend from the next room is pricesless!
actually i can't even hear him down there. hahaha
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
On the original xbox, you needed a crossover cable. On the 360, a normal ethernet cable will work, because its hardware converts the signal.
Quote by JamieB

It's a cross-over cable. You can modify yer current Ethernet cable into a cross-over cable, you just need the right tools.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
i think its ridiculous that a wireless transmit thing is $100. what a rip off.
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30