Hey guys. I've got a really miserable grounding problem here at my house. So since I don't have the money for a decent power-conditioner, yet, I was told to get the ISP Decimator to kill all that hiss.

The problem is I've also heard that the pedal isn't half as good as their rack mounted application and basically not all that worth it.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Information you can give? Thanks.
Last edited by serizawa at Oct 3, 2007,
Well the pedal is actually very good, in comparison to other pedal units, however it's probably not as good as the rack system, although, here in the UK at least the rack mount system is ALOT more expensive, so if you want to spend that much, then you may as well just keep saving for that conditioner
Yeah, basically--both the rack ISP system AND the powerconditioner aren't in my options as of now. :/
I know a lot of people that use the pedal and love it. Meanwhile, a power conditioner will be a lto cheaper then ISP pedal.
Quote by CJRocker
I know a lot of people that use the pedal and love it. Meanwhile, a power conditioner will be a lto cheaper then ISP pedal.

I think power conditioners are very expensive. maybe i'm wrong, but I had that idea
Quote by Tweak88
I think power conditioners are very expensive. maybe i'm wrong, but I had that idea

orly?

well i have never tried the rack version of it but it does wonders for killing feedback. i dont really see how a rack one would be better (tho im sure it would be)
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by CJRocker

I didn't knew about that version. anyway, "Low-cost protection" (as it's described in musician's friend) is not very appealing
sounds like those things that are sold at ordinary supermarkets. not really a conditioner for real!

cheapest Furman I knew was this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Furman-PL8-II-Power-Conditioner?sku=181301
Last edited by Tweak88 at Oct 3, 2007,
Hence why I've said the 'real' power-conditioners are too expensive.

The one shown before as the 'cheap' power-conditioner is as good as an extension chord. ;o
No, I think the pedal uses newer technology compared to the rackmouted version.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The rackmounted ISP decimator? Or a rack mounted Furman.

because I hear Furmans are kind of...the best.
furman is not noise reduction/supressor, although it reduces it a bit.

i think furman's are good for grounding problems and powering issues and so...
I thought the rack mount version was heaps better, although that maybe because it was in front of the amp and in the loop, rather than just one option.

Why not get a powerboard with all those different filtration options as well as the pedal? I've got a few, and they aren't quite as good as a real power conditioner, but it helps.
Powerboard? Geez, I've never even heard of that.

Maybe for now I'll go with getting the ISP pedal, since it'll be cheaper than most of the powerconditioners that ACTUALLY work... :/

I know most of my problems are attributed to a really bad ground--so yeah.
I've been looking into one of these, because I get so much feedback when my TS9 is on. But I read it kills sustain and tone.

Can anyone here back that up?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby