Okay as the date for my new guitar draws closer I have decided upon two guitars. The first is the 50s classic series strat which I will get used and upgrade the pickups and the second is the 60s classic players strat which I will leave stock. What are you opinions? Please don't offer otherrr guitars such as the Carvin strat copies or the 50s classic players strat, I've looked into them already.
50s classic strat with upgraded pickups

that way youll be able to customise it to your sound
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
Ignore me if you've read pre-edit, didnt read TS's whole post

Any particular reason your against the CP50s may I ask? IMO its alot more worth the money than the classic series and also has one of the most playable necks IMMP
Last edited by Hakanku at Oct 3, 2007,
I tried the 50s and I liked it but the pick ups weren't really to my liking. the 60s had a great sound the 50s classic series has the same style neck (different fingerboard radius though) and I would upgrade the pick ups.
Have you played the 50s Classic Series? I think they have V-necks. Some people love them but I'm not a fan. It just doesn't fit my hand comfortably. I'm not so sure they're something to buy if you haven't given that neck a try. The Classic Players with it's CS 69 pups is very awesome. They're very different guitars so what do you want. Something with a V-neck, 9.5 radius, 50s sound, and a maple fretboard or a 60s Strat with a 12" radius, C-neck, some awesome pups, and a rosewood fretboard. There's nothing wrong with either but they are very very different.
Quote by Comfortablylomb
Have you played the 50s Classic Series? I think they have V-necks. Some people love them but I'm not a fan. It just doesn't fit my hand comfortably. I'm not so sure they're something to buy if you haven't given that neck a try. The Classic Players with it's CS 69 pups is very awesome. They're very different guitars so what do you want. Something with a V-neck, 9.5 radius, 50s sound, and a maple fretboard or a 60s Strat with a 12" radius, C-neck, some awesome pups, and a rosewood fretboard. There's nothing wrong with either but they are very very different.

Pretty much sums it up. I've got a 50's classic, no it's not got any of the nicer feature's like the CP such as the locking tuners or 2 point bridge. I wanted to keep it an original 50's, as remember the original real 50's Fender strats didn't have those bits. Also I think the 50's classic series come in better colours

Daphne blue 50's classic. A true stunner
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Whichever neck you prefer

Carvin Bolt!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Well basicly I liked the way the CP50s played, but not how it sounded. It was okay but not great. I liked the way the CP60s sounded but not really how it played. So I think I'm gonna go with the 50s Classic Series because that has the V neck and is cheaper which will leave me money to upgrade the pickups. Also the CP50s and CP60s don't have locking tuners. I've played them both and neither have them.
^i dig the soft V neck a lot. get some vintage spec handwound boutique pickups later.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah, the Classic Series neck is a soft V neck with a 7.25 fretboard radius. I'll probably upgrade with boutique pickups from this awesome site...wait maybe you were the one that showed me the site, www.rockmonkeyguitars.com?
^probably. i recommend rockmonkeyguitars pickups to everyone wanting the supreme vintage tone of a strat single coil.

i'm getting a soft V neck with a 7.25"-9.5" compound radius so it won't choke at the high frets.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I don't actually get the note choking anymore, it's just technique and if you can get it right it wont happen. I love the vintage V neck and fingerboard radius, make chords incredibly easy to play.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
^^Yeah I figured there must be some technique to bending on those high frets with the 7.25. After all my three favorite guitarists, Frusciante, Hendrix and Gilmour (not in that order) all have 7.25 and they love bending on the higher frets.
^^^It was probably you then.
Last edited by thebrewfan at Oct 3, 2007,
Quote by thebrewfan
Well basicly I liked the way the CP50s played, but not how it sounded. It was okay but not great. I liked the way the CP60s sounded but not really how it played. So I think I'm gonna go with the 50s Classic Series because that has the V neck and is cheaper which will leave me money to upgrade the pickups. Also the CP50s and CP60s don't have locking tuners. I've played them both and neither have them.

Sounds like you want a mix of the CPs, eh? 60s pups with a 50s neck. I'd say take the one that feels best. They're all great guitars.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
50's strat is alot better
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"