For example, I like Ted Nugent and Glenn Danzig's music, but I can't listen to it anymore, because I find them complete tools, especially Ted Nugent (Homosexuals should all be shot/We should bomb all of Iraq and those eastern ****ers)
well if i don't like the music, then i usally just don't listen to it preiod....
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe you should just eliminate the idea of being a LEAD guitarist or a RHYTHM guitarist and just come to terms with being a guitarist.

Quote by Mike Huber
I used to steal legos from my friend. He always had the coolest pieces.
No.. I'm a big fan of the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Prince, Michael Jackson, etc..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I really hate brandon flowers...but I listen to the killers...it always bother me when I do it.
LimbLifter is the best band in the world! and they're Canadian .
chinese democracy will (if it ever comes out) be case in point for me. I'll have a hard time listening objectively.
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Whats wrong with Floyd?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Yeah I pretty much hate Waters, but Pink Floyd's my favourite band.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Personally, I could care less about how the artist feels about something. Yea, if they stand up for something that they and I believe in, its a plus, but if they don't, who cares? They didn't become musicians to be caught up in politics. They became musicians for the same reason we all play and listen to music. For the love of it.

An example I guess would be Tom Araya of Slayer. Slayer is one of my favorite bands, because of their controversial lyrics. However, Araya is Catholic.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

I can't stand listening to MCR. I'm not sure if it's my hate towards scene/emo kids or just the plain fact that they suck some serious mooseballs.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Whats wrong with Floyd?

David Gilmour is an ass. Did you read his statement the last time they invited him to do a recital again?

But he still is an amazing guitarist.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Theta
However, Araya is Catholic.

He was bought up a catholic, but is not catholic now.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
No. More of an issue for me is my hypocrisy with using it: if I don't like a band, and I also don't like them as people, I'll use that against them, but if I like the band, I'll say it doesn't matter at all (which is true, really).
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Bono can be annoying at times but he does write some awesome songs and i like U2's music
Quote by urik
David Gilmour is an ass. Did you read his statement the last time they invited him to do a recital again?

But he still is an amazing guitarist.

That be true..
IMO Roger Waters is worse though. But I'm not going to get into an argument about it..
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
(Homosexuals should all be shot/We should bomb all of Iraq and those eastern ****ers)

Are you some kind of facist??
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
Are you some kind of facist??

He was talking about Ted Nugent's ideas. That are some of his statements.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

I don't really care about liking the artist or anything.

For example, I think Axl Rose, Johnny Rotten and Chuck Berry are all arrogant twats, but I love GNR, Sex Pistols and Chuck Berry's songs.

Although it's a tad hypocritical however, I wouldn't ever be able to listen to Fall Out Boy or MCR or anything because I hate the artists though, but that's partly 'cause of how much I hate the music.
Dave Mustaine is a bit of a dick he always has to flame someone but megadeth is one of my fav bands.
Quote by Wikipedia
Araya commented about the misconception of the band labeled as Satan worshipers, "Yeah, yeah I think that’s one of the biggest misconceptions towards the band, but next to that just the fact that we’re normal." If guitarist King writes a good song, Araya puts his beliefs aside, "I'm not one that's going to go, "This sucks because it's contrary to my beliefs." To me it's more like "this is really good stuff. You're going to piss people off with this."[9]

In an interview, Araya believes that "...Christ came and taught us about love, about doing unto others. That was his preach: Accept each other for who we are. Live peacefully, and love one another." When asked if he believed in God, replied "I believe in a supreme being, yeah. But He's an all-loving God."[10] Araya explained that he has a "really strong belief system," and Slayer's words and images will "never interfere with what I believe and how I feel....

He is Catholic.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

He was talking about Ted Nugent's ideas. That are some of his statements.

why hasn't anyone kicked this man in the balls then??
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Yes, it matters for me. I can't listen to something and knowing that the person who wrote it is a complete moron.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
So, we have two choices regarding Araya here;

He 'converted' to Christianism in oder to cause more controversy or publicity;

or he wouldn't mind writing and playing music that goes against his beliefs as long as he keeps gaining that dollar.
i tend to be influenced by musicians as artists when judging them as men, not the opposite
Quote by TheSilentWithin
So, we have two choices regarding Araya here;

He 'converted' to Christianism in oder to cause more controversy or publicity;

or he wouldn't mind writing and playing music that goes against his beliefs as long as he keeps gaining that dollar.

Or maybe he just doesn't take religion as seriously as some do?
Which IMO is probably a good thing, but that is something for The Religion Thread, not here..

Oh and btw, it is Christianity
Sorry, little translating error on my part.

Also, more on Nugent

Nugent's views translate to his politics, and according to an interview in The Independent he "considers homosexuality morally wrong" and is an outspoken supporter of the Republican Party and the United States military. As a reward for entertaining U.S. troops in Iraq in 2004, he visited Saddam Hussein's war room. "It was a glorious moment. It looked like something out of Star Wars. I saw his gold toilet."[5]

Nugent lives near President George W. Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, and said he caught Bush's attention at his private inauguration party in 2000. "When he noticed me, he was surrounded by these huge bankrollers from his campaign. He literally swept past all of them and said, 'Laura! Look who's here! It's Ted!' Then he hugged me and took me by the shoulders. He said, 'Just keep doing what you're doing. Don't think that we don't know what you're up to out here. Stay on course.'"[5]

Nugent thinks Bush should take more forceful action on Iraq: "Our failure has been not to Nagasaki them".[5]

In 2007, Nugent voiced his opposition to Democratic Party presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. At an Anaheim, California concert on August 21, 2007, Nugent, brandishing a pair of his trademark AR-15 rifles, Nugent made reference to a trip to Senator Obama's home state, and his conversation with the candidate while he was there: "I was in Chicago, I said, 'Hey, Obama, you might wanna suck on one of these, you punk'" Nugent punctuated these last words with shakes from his rifles, then addressed the audience directly: "Obama, he’s a piece of ****. I told him to suck on my machine gun! Let's hear it for him." As the audience cheered, Nugent turned his political criticism toward Senator Clinton. "I was in New York, I said, 'Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch!'" Nugent's description of trips to New York and Chicago, and the conversations he purported to have with the senators are in keeping with his trademark overheated rhetoric, as Nugent went on to describe similar incidents and invitations to "suck on his machine gun" with other prominent Democrats, such as Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Whats wrong with Floyd?
Gilmour, Barrett, and Waters were all tools?

Though.. Gilmour is at least nice in his old age.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by TheSilentWithin
Sorry, little translating error on my part.

Also, more on Nugent

Nugent rules.

"Suck on my machine gun!"
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
why hasn't anyone kicked this man in the balls then??

Because the man is a registered cop?
Quote by vintage x metal

It bothers me a bit, but I still listen to the music.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Nugent's a f*cking tool.

I'm not the biggest fan of Hilary Clinton, but that comment was unnecesary.

Plus WTF is his problem with Obama, what a dick.
The Nuge is a total badass. I only listen to his music because of his views.

Anyone who disagrees is a wimpy liberal.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Araya commented about the misconception of the band labeled as Satan worshipers, "Yeah, yeah I think that’s one of the biggest misconceptions towards the band, but next to that just the fact that we’re normal." If guitarist King writes a good song, Araya puts his beliefs aside, "I'm not one that's going to go, "This sucks because it's contrary to my beliefs." To me it's more like "this is really good stuff. You're going to piss people off with this."[9]

In an interview, Araya believes that "...Christ came and taught us about love, about doing unto others. That was his preach: Accept each other for who we are. Live peacefully, and love one another." When asked if he believed in God, replied "I believe in a supreme being, yeah. But He's an all-loving God."[10] Araya explained that he has a "really strong belief system," and Slayer's words and images will "never interfere with what I believe and how I feel....

What a hypocrit, regardless of intent, Slayer has turned a lot more people off to religion than it has brought in. Basically that means what he is choosing to do (be in Slayer), is going against the belief of any Christian.

Basically, no one with credibility would actually create something that is in stark contrast to what they believe about anything.
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic