I just got this yesterday and I'm very impressed. This isn't even the acoustic model and the tones are just unbelievable. The tones do sound all plugged, but unless your looking right at it you won't believe this is not an acoustic instrument. I had a laundry list of guitars I wanted to get in the future. 12 string, strat, etc.. The only thing left on that list now is a mandolin. This thing will save me an easy 5 grand in the future. The guitar itself is very good quality, great playability (the neck was big surprise). Right out of the box you can switch it from a PA to a regular amp for going from acoustic to electric sound. I haven't tried all the computer stuff yet you can get for it (not sure if I'll really need to), but this was money well spent.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yeah.
It's muggle magic in it's most wonderous form.
It's too bad I can't cope with articles of use that are smarter then I am. Being not the cleverest that means these days I can easily be outsmarted by a can opener. Very sad, but it's better for me to stick to stupid guitars.
You on the other hand, are exactly the 21th century man needed to keep such a guitar to its wits. Your gear list shows that you are not afraid to boldly make music where no one has played before.
You'll be hard put to find better bang for your buck.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
i love my Variax 700 acoustic, i love running it through my PODxtLive so i can switch from a regular dreadnought acoustic to a Mandola....really confuses the hell out of the audience lol.
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
I hear ya, this thing is just amazing. I run my acoustic and resonator settings through a PA and click the foot A/B switch to my xt live and amp for all the electric settings. It opens up a whole new world of practice being able to switch on the fly. Wish I'd have gotten this thing along time ago.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD