Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I need some help in the placement of amps and equipment for a show we're planning to do. It's basically a house party and most likely we'd be setting up in the living room and it's about 20 feet by 16 feet. So I'd like to know how I should focus the amps in respect to the mics and guitars and other amps to reduce the factor of feedback and produce as much clarity while playing the live set. Thanks in advance.
drums in middle. amps on either side...simple,look at what everybody else does. hence y u havent got any replies in 4 and a half hours lol.good luck with the show
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
pretty much what wyldeshredder said. However, put the mic in different locations to see where it's clearest and has no feedback. Good luck!
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by wyldeshredder
drums in middle. amps on either side...simple,look at what everybody else does. hence y u havent got any replies in 3 days plus 4 and a half hours lol.good luck with the show

Fixed.
As far as feed back is concerned, make sure that the PA stacks are forward of the mikes, when a mike comes forward of the line of the PA stacks, they generally feed back.
As mentioned earlier, drums go at the back in the middle generally (but that's not really important, you could put them anywhere you liked if you want to be different) and amps either side. If you have two lead guitars or a lead and a rhythm guitar plus the bassist, then place the bass amp next to the drum kit. Bassists and drummers tend to work together so it all helps if they can hear one another clearly.
If its a house party it wouldn't really matter how everything is setup once there is Jack Daniels and Stag, Yeah! Metal!
If the band is aggressive and plays with distortion to minimize feedback just play an acoustic set for the house party. Yeahhhhh ! Metal !