Well, I've decided on a Fender Twin Reverb as my next amp. And I was wondering as they have been made over a period of around 40 years, if there is any difference between them and if so which would be the best to buy. I know of a mid 1970s model, a 1965 model and a reissue of the 1965... so any help appreciated.

Originally posted by Lorddrg7
If crap came in a package, it would probably be wrapped in this
Dude, a '65 model is THE AMP/COMBO. The Twin itself, despite the year, has always had a great clean tone. One of the best I've heard. If you can get an original for a decent price.... jump on it quickly!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Opinion is divided on whether the new is better than the old. If you get an amp that old make sure it has new tubes, a cap job and some attention (possibly new sockets) to the tube mountings. Don't plug it in at your house until you have it gone over by a good tech (unless you are a tech.) Original speakers can get stiff and rotten though they usually stand the test of time pretty well. Also if you are concerned about resale make sure you are aware of any modifications done or non-original parts. Good luck.
Quote by uldhppi
Opinion is divided on whether the new is better than the old. If you get an amp that old make sure it has new tubes, a cap job and some attention (possibly new sockets) to the tube mountings. Don't plug it in at your house until you have it gone over by a good tech (unless you are a tech.) Original speakers can get stiff and rotten though they usually stand the test of time pretty well. Also if you are concerned about resale make sure you are aware of any modifications done or non-original parts. Good luck.
+1

If at all possible, try the reissue versus a vintage one. Odds are, at the price of vintage fenders, you may as well get a reissue.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.