Does anyone own an ALX guitar, are they any good? I might buy a "Sheffield" by AXL, so if someone has any info on this guitar it'd be wonderful
I tried the official AXL site, but this must be an older model, because it's not there...
Thanks!
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

SEX, DRUGS AND DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
I've got an arch top made by them and it's a nice guitar, if their as godd as they were a few years back then it'll be good for the money you pay but not amazing. infinitly better that a cheap squier but not up to top mark if you know what i mean. it's a middle range guitar for a low range price
Like I said, it sounds odd as I haven't heard of Sheffield by AXL, but here is my in depth run down:

Playability = Good/Very Good for the price. They can be kind of hit or miss, as some don't have the best fretwork, but the ones that do play nice

Tone = The AXL EMGs are pretyt nice actually, and are one of the better stock pickups I've heard.

Hardware = Complete Garbage. Cheap trems, and tuners.

Fit and Finish = Not bad, but they can be sloppy on earlier ones.

All and all, while I would take their FireAxe and maybe upgrade it completely, the others are best passed over.
I have a johnson acoustic (which are owned by axl) it's good budget stuff but it's nothing truely amazing either. Considering it cost me 75€ and everyone always says it sounds good I can't complain
well, thanks everyone i think i have a clearer image about the guitar...the thing is...in my town,guitar shops are stocked with ibanez,yamah,fender...you now - the top notch,and for low budget you can get squire or some low-end ibanez.

thanks everyone!
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

i have an axl but it was an alright guitar when i first got and now it just doesnt stay in tune
Guitar World had a good review of an Axl in Dec 2007's issue.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
But do you really want a guitar that makes people think of Axl Rose? :p

Seriously, he's gross.
Quote by kyrreca
But do you really want a guitar that makes people think of Axl Rose? :p

Seriously, he's gross.

i don't giva a damn...the guitar matters :P and i can always "rename" it

Quote by smajatz
i don't giva a damn...the guitar matters :P and i can always "rename" it

yeah, i'm just kidding

the name of a guitar should never be a factor when deciding whether to buy it or not.
i went to the store and played one, felt pretty cheap. Id say go with a cheap fixed bridge ibanez
Quote by kyrreca
yeah, i'm just kidding

the name of a guitar should never be a factor when deciding whether to buy it or not.

obviously i'm joking but...

exceptions:

"squier hello kitty"
"epiphone pirates of the caribbean"
"avril lavigne signature model" (no offense to avril, just shes basically pop music)

and this one http://www.bradsucks.net/archives/2006/08/19/the-wangcaster/
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I tried out a used Mayhem and it was a nice sounding guitar but the thing was beat. It probably belonged to a kid who traded up later. I have heard good things about them and from what i have seen they make a decent inexpensive guitar. I never heard of the Sheffield model. Do you know how old it is? It's not on thier website.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I tried out a used Mayhem and it was a nice sounding guitar but the thing was beat. It probably belonged to a kid who traded up later. I have heard good things about them and from what i have seen they make a decent inexpensive guitar. I never heard of the Sheffield model. Do you know how old it is? It's not on thier website.

John

the guy says it's about 5 yrs old...he says it's in good shape...