Right, i wasnt quite sure where to put this as the riffs and recording section seems to be more for showcasing recordings.

Anyway, my band is going into the studio to record a demo probably 3 songs, next month.

We know the songs we are gonna do, and we shall rehearse them till our fingers bleed.

Any tips on getting that perfect sound out of my guitar ? or any tips on well anything to do with recording ?

Also share your recording experiences ! thanks
The engineers will mainly work on that. Do you have a DI unit for your guitar?
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by JFJH
nope.

I planned on having my amp micced up.

Is DI better ?

Theyll probably give you a line 6 pod to plug into. But if they record your amp, itll probably be with an sm57, or a DI from the back. To me, DI is easier, but kills the warmth of the sm57. Theyll sort it all out for you.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Is this acoustic or electric? If its acoustic theyll just mic it.
Quote by jazkel24

Quote by JFJH
nope.

I planned on having my amp micced up.

Is DI better ?

All depends on what kind of sound you want.

Personally, I like to use DI when playing live and record with a mic'd amp. Always seems to me like you get more of the amp's tone and character when using a mic.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
actually in my experience Mic is better. we're recording our demo right now, and DI always sounds a little fuzzy compared to mic. and it all depends on how good your engineers are. they are the ones that get the sound right (or not)
Quote by CoreysMonster
actually in my experience Mic is better. we're recording our demo right now, and DI always sounds a little fuzzy compared to mic. and it all depends on how good your engineers are. they are the ones that get the sound right (or not)

DI's are meant to reduce fuzz so i doubt it was the DI unless it was broken.
Quote by jazkel24

Quote by conman25
im a complete dumbass, so can someone explain what DI is?

"Direct Input" or "Direct Injection". this is the sound that the amp produces at low voltage, so it can be plugged straight into a desk for recording, or a PA system.

HOWEVER, dont ever plug you SPEAKER OUT into a mixing desk, otherwise you will kill the desk very quickly indeed
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Hpda5121
DI's are meant to reduce fuzz so i doubt it was the DI unless it was broken.

^ True.

I had a really bad experience recording because no one got the sound they wanted. (check my profile). Anyways.

If you wanna get your sound. Spend the time with the engineer. I know Time is Money but that defines the quality of the recording.
Write out the outline of the song. When i recorded. almost every song had an extra/missing measure. Extra is not so much a problem just DELETE IT but what if you are a measure short? We didnt realize it until we were done and ready to lay vocals.
Make sure you know what tone you want when you go in, like have maybe an audio clip of what you would like your tone like, or something similar.

The studio engineer should do it though.
I'll stick my pennyworth in again. Dont mess around in the studio, and whatever you do, DONT have a differnt opinion to the sound guy, otherwise he'll just get pissed off. Let him do what he thinks is best, but be critical about how you want it to sound.... with his experties of course, not yours.
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
^ i didnt do sound "check". He DI my amp head and used a freaking guitar patch/plugin. He wanted everything quick and be done before his wife got home from work.

Yes we picked the wrong guy. But i would never take **** from them again.