ok, ive got a Vox AD50VT, and the sound keeps cutting off, if i try to hold a note it will fade away quickly, i phoned up guitar city and they said to try out a Noise Suppression pedal..

jus wondering if the pedal will stop the problem or make it worse..

i was thinking about getting the boss NS - 2
I think a noise suppressor will just make it worse. I think you need a compressor.

(Btw, the term for how long the note will play is called sustain. You need more sustain, in this case.)
you already have a noise reduction unit built into the amp. you just need to adjust it because right now you have it too high.
Quote by TehJermie
you already have a noise reduction unit built into the amp. you just need to adjust it because right now you have it too high.

ah the ppl at guiitar city said that my amp does that

but im not sure on how to put it low..

ok..so a noise Noise Suppressor then?
^ bypass the effects. then hold the tap button while simultaneously moving the edit knob. thats how you adjust the built in noise reduction. you can make it so it doesnt cut off your notes.
Quote by TehJermie
^ bypass the effects. then hold the tap button while simultaneously moving the edit knob. thats how you adjust the built in noise reduction. you can make it so it doesnt cut off your notes.

haha that sorts out all my probs except my notes dont last long [sustain], so would a noise supressor help with that?

Thanks!!
Quote by -rizzee-
haha that sorts out all my probs except my notes dont last long [sustain], so would a noise supressor help with that?

Thanks!!

what youre not understanding is that theres a chance that the BUILT IN noise gate of the amp is cutting off your notes, and you need to turn it down/off. and anyways, theres a built in compressor on the amp as well.
Quote by -rizzee-
hmm, im looking at a boss cs3

thnks !!

I have the boss CS-3, it's quite a nice pedal, i don't play without it very often.
Quote by TehJermie
what youre not understanding is that theres a chance that the BUILT IN noise gate of the amp is cutting off your notes, and you need to turn it down/off. and anyways, theres a built in compressor on the amp as well.

yeh i got that out of the way, but ive played around with the sounds but its still cutting of my notes, might as well jus buy a sustain pedal..
how would a noise suppressor help your notes last longer, just think about it, i have the same amp and don't have a problem with sustain, it could be your guitar just has bad sustain or something. but yea you want a compressor, or a sustain pedal like the big muff, which is sick!
The big muffs a fuzz pedal, is it not?

And I have trouble with sustain aswell, on my cube 30 with a jackson js30 dinky. Is there some sort of built in noise gate on there that I don't know about? If not, will a compressor help me too?
yeh might do...i play with a sqiuer fender (getting a new one soon..) but i might jus get a sustain pedal coz' i want my note to sound a bit longer