I don't understand why my high e string keeps breaking. It's been the third time this past month, I've broke it THREE times . I own a starter Robson Strat pack. A pretty cheap guitar but it's something good to start off with.
Back on subject...
I've broken the string most likely because of different tunings. Is there any possible way to correct and be sure that it won't break again due to re-tuning? I use size 0.09 for the high e.
try stretching the string before you replace it, and I don't know if this is true, but I think you can put strings in hot water before putting them on
Put them in hot water? Like boiling water from a kettle or from a tap? And what would it do anyway? :S
look on your bridge sadles and the nut for any sharp bits

if not you could use higher guage srtings or play less aggressively (thats if you do)
Its Getting Better All The Time
Quote by frusciante_50
You would have to check it out, but I have heard that it makes them less liable to snap. But the stretching thing definetly works

EVH does it but he only uses a set of strings once, so no one knows whether they go rusty or not. I wouldn't try it just to be on the safe side.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Putting them in Hot Water expands them, And EVH did do it, But he would use that set of strings only once, then throw them away.

I had the same problem with my guitar. All I can say is to Inspect the Saddle/Bridge area for anything sharp, Make your sure your guitar is correctly intonated, and watch how hard you hit it.

Another thing: My Uncle, Who's a professional musician, Suggested taking a Pencil (#2) and rubbing some of the lead into the slots of the nut, where the strings go. Since I started doing that, I've had no broken strings.
Quote by sam-sg
look on your bridge sadles and the nut for any sharp bits

if not you could use higher guage srtings or play less aggressively (thats if you do)

Where are the strings breaking?

If it's at a contact point (saddle or nut) then you most likely have a sharp burr that needs to be sanded down.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The string breaks right by the nut where you put the string through. Causing the snapping when I tune. Thanks guys, I've checked for sharp things, none. I'll try the #2 Pencil tech. first!
Thank you guys, very much. From the bottom of the bodom soul.
You might want to just get a new nut. The nuts on starter kits are usually low-end plastic which are cut poorly. A new nut will not only help keep your strings from breaking, but it will also improve your tone.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
You might want to just get a new nut. The nuts on starter kits are usually low-end plastic which are cut poorly. A new nut will not only help keep your strings from breaking, but it will also improve your tone.

I'm getting a new guitar overall just for the birthday occasion
Plus I need a new one. -_-
I just wanted to be sure how to fix this because my band and I are performing soon. Just so it won't break on stage.
i had the same problem. either get new tuners or have it chekced out byt a pro or sumthing
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
if you sue dropped tunings (dropped c, b ,etc) they are less likely to break. that could hugely affect your averall sound though. im ASUMMING you play heavier stuff, though, so it miight be a good thing to try