heyy

im confused as hell

i am considering buying a nikki sixx blackbird bass and it says it has a Opti-Grab feature and on-off toggle

wot is one of them
ive never heard of it before

and secondly i was going to get http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/69480 that amp.......is it good or is there better for the money?

just some backgruond i am a drummer/guitarist that wants a bass and love the thunderbird shape so that isnt likely to change

the amp i am completely open to poptions

thanks for any advice
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
thunderbirds are horriblee
they may look nice (to you) but they're like trying to play a tree
and the sound like a fart.

the amp looks nice though
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
the opti-grab feature is essentially a thumb rest that you hook you little finger around to stop it from nose diving unless i'm mistaken. and and on/off toggle would just be a killswitch, which is an on/off switch for the bass.

i agree with everything "Off-The-Heazay" says in his post, thunderbirds are terrible basses and i have used the amp but that was a year ago at least, it was a nice enugh amp from what i remember, it had a very tight bottom end
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
go to a shop and try out the amps dont just order from online u might just hate it....
thanklies

and i dnt care wot u sa *takes on 2 year old mentality* i wants it so i is gettings it

lol
i jst have wanted one since i was lke literaly 6

so ta but im not listenin

and thanks for the amp n optigrab thing
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
Quote by xXx-e-s-p-xXx
thanklies

and i dnt care wot u sa *takes on 2 year old mentality* i wants it so i is gettings it

lol
i jst have wanted one since i was lke literaly 6

so ta but im not listenin

and thanks for the amp n optigrab thing

dude i said the exact same thing when i was starting out. but i went to my local shop and tried one out and hated it beyond belief. i seriously recommend you try it before you even think about buying it because its quite an expensive bass for what it is and you really don't want to be wasting your money on something that slows your progress as a bassist.

i know they look good but thats really the only good feature about them

they nose dive like nobody's business, the tone is really undefined and muddy, they are extremely heavy and as i said they are quite heavily overpriced

but the descision is ultimately up to you.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Is it International Buy a Thunderbird Week here on UG Bass? What's this world coming to?

Unless you're, oh, 10, wanting one since you were 6 should be a warning sign. Your musical instrument taste hasn't grown or 'matured' at all?

EDIT: You know that there are absolutely no control knobs on that bass, right? Like the idiot from Killswitch Engage, all you have is both pickups on full all the time. Why the hell would you inflict that on yourself?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Oct 3, 2007,
im going to try one in a few days and i wud be putting nobs on it somewhere when i got it

i just like the clean look

and yes my taste has matured....to the sixx one fmo a studio :$

lol

if it is as bad as you say i will give it a miss
what else has that cool look but is good in youe opinion
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
I'm not sure if you were eyeing the Gibson or the Epiphone, but anyway, in the $600 range, the Aerodyne Jazz Bass by Fender seems to be what you're looking for in terms of clean looking. If you can't afford that, check out the Squier Deluxe 5-string Active Jazz Bass - that comes in black, too (and the fretboard is black as well - THAT's clean).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i meant more an ixonic look rather then clean
sorry myy bas

if i wanted clean ib b going for a fretless fender of some sort

i meant a "rock" bass

sig me o this if u want but im playin bass for the chicks n free beer :P
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.