ok, so firstly, i'm thirteen, i play electric guitar, and i have around 10 months experience.

secondly, i have been in a band before, then it all ground to a halt, so i left.

now, i want to impress the people who i hang with to see if we can start a band.

any certain technique that will wow them?

cheers
sweep picking and improvisation
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Forget fancy techniques...just play what you're good at.

Lets face it, if you try something fancy just to show off and you **** it up you're hardly going to look brilliant. Just show that you're a capable guitarist and would be a valuable asset to a band.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Quote by Baronvon

Lets face it, if you try something fancy just to show off and you **** it up you're hardly going to look brilliant. Just show that you're a capable guitarist and would be a valuable asset to a band.

but seriously, this guy is the guy you want to listen to. Show them what you are about with music, and let them judge for themselves if you would fit in with their band.
Quote by Baronvon

i see what you mean, thanks!

Quote by rocabillyrollup
tap.

its hard with a bad amp :/

but still, thanks!
Rohypnol, the answer to everything.

Just don't mess up, do exactly what you're told, be good fun, let the other guitarist if there is one do all the lead duties etc, they'll love it.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by RageAgainst...
sweep picking and improvisation

He has been playing like 10 months, i dont think he is ready for that stuff.
Quote by bungeeboy
ok, so firstly, i'm thirteen, i play electric guitar, and i have around 10 months experience.

secondly, i have been in a band before, then it all ground to a halt, so i left.

now, i want to impress the people who i hang with to see if we can start a band.

any certain technique that will wow them?

cheers

start one and tell them they can audition to be in it, if they'd like
Seeing as you haven;t even played for a year yet, and you listen to Nirvana, you don't have much stuff to work with. I would say just learn a few pentatonic and blues licks (they are easy) or just improvise in those scales and if your good enough they should be semi-impressed.