okay i'm in the stage that i want a new amp. I currently have a Marshall MG10CD, yeah i know it sucks...but anyway, i want something around the previous stated price range with amazing distortion for death metal or thrash.

It can be a combo or a head in that range, cabs i don't really need info on.
well, ur probably not gonna get a good Death metal sound with just an amp. ur gonna need a pedal. But do try out a Peavey Windsor cab or stack.
you could get a peavey valveking and a cheap cab for around 700-800, depending on tax.
or you could look used for a peavey 5150, but that'd run you at least 800 for usually the head only.

I, personally, am saving up for a Krankenstein half stack :]

EDIT// DO NOT GET A WINDSOR!!!!!! I USED IT FOR METAL/HARDCORE AND HATED IT!!!
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Well, I'm looking at a Randall RG50TC right now. It has tubes in it and it's 50W. It's about $559.00 on musiciansfriend.com. This is what I'm getting once I have the money for it, and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Soo, yeah...I hope this helped.

Quote by bite_the_bullet
I, personally, am saving up for a Krankenstein half stack :]

The Krank Revolution half stack is my ultimate choice! But seeing as I'm just a poor college student, that can wait a couple years.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Peavey Windsor is going the wrong way. Its more fo rAC/DC stuff. Try a Peavey Valve King with a (don't lynch me) digitech Death Metal.
i'm trying to not use a pedal and something uber worth the money
Quote by qotsa1998
well, ur probably not gonna get a good Death metal sound with just an amp. ur gonna need a pedal. But do try out a Peavey Windsor cab or stack.

5150, Fireball, Powerball, Cube?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Shaned
i'm trying to not use a pedal and something uber worth the money

Then try the Valve King and see if it has the gain you need. Otherwise, look into a 5150 as its been said or a B-52.
like if you're trying to sound like bodom, what amp with the same price range be good
Why was everyone at the beginning suggesting heads?

Used Peavey 5150 Combo, B-52 AT-112/212, Mesa F-30/F-50

/thread
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
whats wrong with the windsor??
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by MatrixClaw
Why was everyone at the beginning suggesting heads?

Used Peavey 5150 Combo, B-52 AT-112/212, Mesa F-30/F-50

/thread

exactly what came to my mind.

oh wait, add a randall rg50tc to that list.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
exactly what came to my mind.

oh wait, add a randall rg50tc to that list.

None of the shops around here carry Randall so I have no experience to recommend them, which is why it wasn't on the list

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ha true, same here. but i youtubed them, and watched this vid of these two guys playing them. it seemed awkward (have to watch it to get what i mean), but the tone was pretty damn heavy.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
for metal i would not recommend a valveking, im trying to sell mine but on the listing i wrote do not buy if u want to play metal...that is how much i pity u if u are a metal player owning a valveking
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
Peavey's are ok if you're broke and find a cheap used one, bit if he has $750, look for a Mesa, a single rec, Reverb combo, Nomad combo, 5:25. Or look at Crates, they're really good for metal and can be had for cheap on e-bay. I would also keep an eye open on a cheap used Marshall, if you can find one in the range.