I'm thinking of selling my MG100DFX half stack to buy a tube combo, the MG is way to big for my house, plus the tone sucks major ass.

I know I have posted a thread about the Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 for the same reason, but I made a new one for suggestions on all tube combos. Price range of around 400GBP.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
yes get the DSL
****ing brilliant amp! still loud as hell, my jcm goes from 50 to 25w and at 25w its still too loud lol, but when you crank it its heaven
What kind of music do you play? You might be able to do better than the DSL401, especially if you look used.
I mainly play metal, metalcore & punk. My guitar is a Dean From Hell with a Bill Lawrence in the bridge.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
yeah, and they usually for for ~$500USD on ebay. not sure what they go for in the UK, but if it's gain you need, you should look into them.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Yeah, there is. But it's about 100 watts, I think, so quite powerful, and would cost you more than £400. They're fairly expensive.
Any vids or music with the Randall RG-50 TC? Perfect price.

I would go for a head, but then I would have to keep my cab, & then I wouldn't have any cash for a tube head, & I wouldn't get almost £400 for a MG100HDFX.

Preferably 40-60 watts so I can use it for gigging & bedroom level practise, although I do have my Frontman for bedroom practise, so that's not a must. Preferably not HUGELY heavy.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Last edited by Exsuratientoel at Oct 3, 2007,
ha, good good. it's not my cup of tea, but that's what i was hoping would be in your interest.

Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Marshall sounds like a good idea. I'd also consider a Mesa Express 5:25 if I were you. 25W tube is large enough for small gigs (even in a metal band, and if not, mic it through the PA) andit switches down to 5W Class A, which will do well for home use. Also it has EL84s, so it's more of a British sound than traditional Mesas.
usually, marshalls run on el34's. el84's are more vintagey and used a lot in smaller class A amps.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

I love the Mesa 5:25. It does have a vintagey tone to it.

The 5/25 watt switching is handy for home practice and playing with others. It will do blues and a hard rock crunch, but what it does particularly well is Voxy cleans (but with spring reverb), almost-cleans (eg Brit invasion) and a singing lead tone. Its distortion is capable of hard rock and moderately-gained 80s metal tones -- which it does quite well.

But the Express does not have the more modern high-gain distortion associated with Mesa's higher-gain amps. It will not do numetal/higher-gain metal without a pedal, IF this is important to you. I think it has plenty of gain, but there are some gain fiends who differ on this point.

But it is still worth a try while you are searching for your new amp!

enjoy.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.