Ever been having a good time in your life, then something knocks you off ofyour feet?

It happened to me today. My friends have been as nice as ever, I'm in with a chance of going out with one friend I REALLY like, school work is at a decent standard, home life is pretty calm and peaceful etc etc.

But today... not the best news of my life. My granddad has just been diagnosed with some advanced form of cancer. My mum didn't specify what type, likely to be lung cancer seeing as he is a heavy smoker. Doctors have estimated that he only has another 6 to 8 weeks to live.

I'm not particularly close to my granddad, haven't seen him in a few years, but when I was with him, he was a really cool and kind person to be with. It's a terrible shock to me and my family.

So UG, my question is: Ever been having a good stage in your life, then something catches you off guard?
NOPE.
Good times bad times you know I've had my share.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
I guess so, but I always try to concentrate on the good things more y'know?
I'm sorry to hear about your granddad mate.
Happened yesterday; my life was amazing and I was so happy for the first time in years...
then my gf (well ex now...) finished me because I said I was uncomfy with her going to a party getting drunk with loads of guys I don't know.

life sucks... =[
Sounds **** and sorry to hear about this mate.

Yeah this happens to me every now and then, but that's life right?

I recommend some Van Halen
Nearest I've come tot hat is like what some guy just said, I thought everything was going well, just finished school and everything was awesome as hell, then I got back from holiday and my gf dumped me, reasons pretty much unknown.

Sorry to hear bout your grandad though mate.
sorry about your grandfather man, my friends dad just got diagnosed with cancer and he was having one of his best days then.....I cant imagine how that feels.
MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:
"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"
The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Damn...tough pull mate.Sorry to hear that...I know what its like to have **** like that happen.My great grandad was a great bloke,the most kind,caring person you'd ever meet.I was about 8,he was about 88.Nothing wrong with him,no health problems whatsoever.I was sitting in the living room watching watching pokémon :P (It was good at the time) and my dad came in and told me my Great Grandad had died.I was so sad,even though i only saw him every few months...I still miss him to this day
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
coming back on to this website, I started submitted tabs and really start loving guitar again coz i went off it for about a year, then
got a some form of arthritus, I cant play for **** now. 6 years of hard ****ing work, ruined by some ****ing ****ing disease, the only thing im good at, guitar. I dont think my life is worth living without my guitar, if this disease doesn't kill me, then i think il have to put an end to this.
Quote by PeffinGee
If there were death penalties for pedophiles, half of UG will die

www.myspace.com/fr3ddi30

A SAILOR'S GRAVE FOR ME
Yeah my grandpa died from cancer a year ago.... it's not fun stuff.
I'm a person.
Quote by fredzeskater
coming back on to this website, I started submitted tabs and really start loving guitar again coz i went off it for about a year, then
got a some form of arthritus, I cant play for **** now. 6 years of hard ****ing work, ruined by some ****ing ****ing disease, the only thing im good at, guitar. I dont think my life is worth living without my guitar, if this disease doesn't kill me, then i think il have to put an end to this.

You can always move on to another instrument, and bring your melodic sense from guitar with you. The saxophone or singing is always cool!
sorry to hear abt the granddad there mate

im currently on the front end of this situation. im riding high in spirits right now, and im wondering where the cliff is. maybe if i dun look down, i wont fall? cartoon physics FTW!
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
I came back from a sick ass camping trip with about 100 people I'm friends with, then jes won Rock of Love, and I come back home to have my girlfriend break up with me AND get a 74 on my math test.

**** you Ms. Natale .
Dickless.
Nothing as bad as the majority of these stories, but I used to value my virginity. I wanted to lose it to someone I really cared for(My girlfriend), and wanted it to be the best. So the other day, she is over my house. We start messin around, and she mad a move for sex. We start, and I am happy as because i'm losing it to someone I want to. All is going well. I hear a car pull up. Mums home. We didn't get caught, but the way I imagined losing my virginity and the way it happened was completely different.