Please rate my cover. Its not the greatest because i just learned it about an hour or 2 ago so i think there are a few mistakes (some parts improvised e.g. second solo). The sound aint great because i need a new cable to connect to my pc. Ive been playing for just over a year, let me know what you guys think and where i need to improve etc.

http://www.purevolume.com/clement1

Edit: I should also mention that im tuned to Eb and the song is in standard tuning.
Last edited by clement1 at Oct 3, 2007,
Something just doesn't sound right...I don't think you can blame that on the cabling, but be well aware of your doubled guitar parts. Something just sounds very dissonant...
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
yeah it don't sound right, some wrong parts played. The doubled guitar parts were...sorry....awful. Really bad, you need to play the right notes- the parts just sound wrong, like you're playing different notes. The parts didn't really flow, you just need more practice!

Edit Also, out of curiosity, why play it in Eb tuning? If you are using a backing track (im using the same one) then the bass will be tuned to standard E. The other guitars will be tuned to E, so why make it sound bad and tune half a step down. This could be half of your problems and why the doubled guitar parts were bad
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Last edited by stevo192 at Oct 3, 2007,
The reason i am in Eb is because i play most of my songs in this tuning, and since this recording was just a spur of the moment type thing - i didnt bother tuning up. This is prob the reason why the double guitar parts sound off, but its just for fun so i wasnt all that bothered about making it perfect.

I just really wanted a bit of feedback about my technique and what needs improving rather than the overall sound . I know its not perfect, but like i say - i only took a little while to learn it.
Last edited by clement1 at Oct 3, 2007,
oh, ok other than that the technique sounded pretty cool! i would be able to tell u better really if you were in E tuning but what the hell. If you have any more stuff you want me to crit, you know where i am, pm me or something!
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
first off....either tune your guitar to pitch or check the intonation cause those power chords just sound plain bad through out the whole song... first solo sounded pretty crap cuz of the off harmony...dunno if you added the wrong harmony.. second solo sounded good cept for a few mistakes...last solo same thing as second.
hmm just relook over the song,clean it up some.
The backing track you used is in E like the actual song, so your guitar being in Eb is going to sound totally off...how did you not hear that when you played it back to yourself??
Quote by x Misanthropy x
first off....either tune your guitar to pitch or check the intonation cause those power chords just sound plain bad through out the whole song... first solo sounded pretty crap cuz of the off harmony...dunno if you added the wrong harmony.. second solo sounded good cept for a few mistakes...last solo same thing as second.
hmm just relook over the song,clean it up some.

Like i said, i wasnt trying to get it sounding perfect - looked at it for like 20 mins, downloaded backing track and played.....that was all. I have since realised that my intonation is f ucked up so that would explain the chords and other buzzing noises (aswell as being in E flat of course), it goes a half step flat after the 12th fret on the e string so it might also have contributed to some notes in the solos sounding off. Thanks for the input on the solo's, i know there are a few mistakes and such but i just wanted to see what people though.
Yea, tune your guitar up... or just use a capo:P

Where did you get the backtrack of this song? I really want to do this myself .
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric

Epi LP Custom w/ Active EMG's

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT (this thing is a BEAST! )
Apart from being out of tune, it was okay.
The double guitar parts were abit nasty.
But the tony of your guitar is actually pretty decent.
And if it was intune, it would sound pretty good.
c4c?
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!