hey folks
no this isnt my first post so ont treat me like a retard lol *used to have another account*
well topic of discusion today is the super-mini amps. I dont mean like 15watt small amps i mean *bad example* marshal MS-4's.
I need a small quite quiet amp that i can use in my room at university but it has to sound great.
I currently have my FX running into a set of PC speakers. works, but sounds like crap!
well anyway, gimmie some ideas please

Alex101uk
You're not gonna get anything that sounds good for the wattage you want, but go for at least 10 watts, they can be turned down real low but some solid state 10 watt amps sound ok.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
theres a half-watt tube amp head. maybe buy an Epi 1x12 cab. There is a 5w mini tube amp, but its a kit, and rather expensive and time-consuming.
Quote by alex101uk
hey folks
no this isnt my first post so ont treat me like a retard lol *used to have another account*

i thought you were only ever allowed 1 account, people making multi-accounts get both permabanned, or so i thought
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
^ you can make another if you've forgot your password and cant get it back for whatever reason, or at least I would like to hope so. We don't know the reason behind him having a second account so leave it be.

Any solid state amp will be fine even a 200w SS amp can be turned very low, but that's not a good idea, obviously. Roland microcube, Vox Ad15VT, a good pre-amp + some good monitors
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Champion 600? Thats a 5W little beauty
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Roland MicroCube (2W) or a Vox DA5 (5).
A nice feature in the DA5 is that it has a built in output power switch, so you can set it to work in 0.5 W, 1.5W or 5W.
^ i really don't understand the point of power attenuators in ss amps

the zvex nano is a really neat little thing, but it's boutique and expensive. i forgot the exact price but it's in the $400-500 range.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
^ i really don't understand the point of power attenuators in ss amps

Yeah I don't understand it either, makes no sense to me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
if anything, that's just asking for it to turn muddy and ss-clippy easier. oh well.

anyway, TS it really depends how much you wanna spend. it's either a decent small ss amp which should hold you over just fine, or a small boutique tube amp. there's others, but i haven't read up enough.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Denthúl
ZVex Nano

It has a built in speaker, though you'd be best off getting a 1x12 to go with it. Expensive, but sounds nice.

^+1 hell yeah. pricey but what a tone!
Another +1 for the ZVex Nano. I've been trying to justify buying one for quite some time.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Guitarmike123
Roland Microcube or Vox DA5, both great little amps but the Roland is a bit nicer IMO.

i think the Vox would be better

or you could get some sort of 5watt tube combo!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!